Thread: Terrier still in season

Terrier still in season

Hi. Would welcome a bit of advice on this one. I have a trusty 12 year old Lakeland Terrier, who like most terriers has had a few strange problems in the past, but on the day of taking her to the vets and paying out for their services, of which they could never really pin down the exact cause of any of the complaints, she would normally make an instant recovery upon getting home, without taking any of the medication!
    Because of her age and working life she developed and uncomfortable shoulder a year or so ago so I put on her on Glucosamine and Chondroitin tablets. The result being that she had the life of a pup again, (well almost).
    The problem now is that she came into season early Jan, (never had the op), and has not really come out of it yet. She eats well and is really sparky. Just wondered if it might be hormones in overdrive and she needs medication to control them?
    Any ideas before I go to the vets again?
    Many thanks.

Tracking and Training
    www.deertrackingservices.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by yabanjin View Post
    Hi. Would welcome a bit of advice on this one. I have a trusty 12 year old Lakeland Terrier, who like most terriers has had a few strange problems in the past, but on the day of taking her to the vets and paying out for their services, of which they could never really pin down the exact cause of any of the complaints, she would normally make an instant recovery upon getting home, without taking any of the medication!
    Because of her age and working life she developed and uncomfortable shoulder a year or so ago so I put on her on Glucosamine and Chondroitin tablets. The result being that she had the life of a pup again, (well almost).
    The problem now is that she came into season early Jan, (never had the op), and has not really come out of it yet. She eats well and is really sparky. Just wondered if it might be hormones in overdrive and she needs medication to control them?
    Any ideas before I go to the vets again?
    Many thanks.
    Take her to the vet. It may be a season but it may be a womb disorder. At that age a season is usually slight or nonexistent.
    Jim

Many thanks Jimbo
    Vet sorted out the problem. It was her age and her body playing tricks with her. Tablets seem to have worked.

Tracking and Training
    www.deertrackingservices.co.uk