Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: H4H Need advice

H4H Need advice

Gents, Greetings.
    I need some advice on how to go about giving are stalking service men a quality stalk when they are home on leave.
    My DMG (Buchan and District) in snowy NE Scotland voted on Sunday to help these guys out by offering some quality Roe stalking, be it morning or evening on our ground that we have as a group and also lease as individuals.
    Thing is, I haven't a clue who to get in touch with, or how to kick it off.
    Spoke to Jingzy about this on Monday, and he said I should be wary just in case the NCO's grab it for themselves, which is a fair comment.
    We need to do this in an orderly fashion, I dont want a battalion of Paras turning up on a Saturday morning.
    Basically it will be on a one to one basis. It would help if they lived in the NE but I'm sure we could sort some accomodation out for them.
    We would be looking at 4 to 6 Squadies max.
    Your suggestions / comments would be welcome as would any contact numbers we could use.
    regards
    Alan

Talk to the Battalion PR officer all the regiments have them these days , get everyone who shows an interest to put there name in the hat and the dmg pick the amount that you wish you'll then know who and what they are .

The other help is on here under tartanjock he is stationed in the NE and would be only to happy to help out with the contacts you require to help you through you problem he could direct you to the appropriate people quite quick i would think .

Isn't there a very active Services section already within the BDS or the Defence Land Management organisation? Perhaps you could approach them or at least get some contact details via BDS?

PM Tartinjock he is based up in the NE. He might be able to help with some inside info?

Jonathon

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Isn't there a very active Services section already within the BDS or the Defence Land Management organisation? Perhaps you could approach them or at least get some contact details via BDS?
    Orion you right, one thing they would want it for themselves the DDM are into everything let them shoot/stalk over the land they get for nothing .

Good to see someone is actually helping out the workers for a change the only thing the usually rolls down hill is **** .

I did speak to TJ last week (well by PM) and told him to watch out for this. I hadn't proposed it to the group then but had a good feeling that the lads would be right up for it.
    I will take your advise on the contacting of the regiments.
    Jingzy (Whose well up on these sort of things) is in our group so I'll speak with him in the morning.
    Thanks for your replies.
    Alan

Quote Originally Posted by alan View Post
    I did speak to TJ last week (well by PM) and told him to watch out for this. I hadn't proposed it to the group then but had a good feeling that the lads would be right up for it.
    I will take your advise on the contacting of the regiments.
    Jingzy (Whose well up on these sort of things) is in our group so I'll speak with him in the morning.
    Thanks for your replies.
    Alan
    I will await the call Alan.

I will pick you up on one thing though, it tends to be the officers that want all for nothing, not the NCO's.

Harsh saying the officers want it for nothing, although we get paid pennies ........

The Black Watch, 3 SCOTS who live in Fort George (just East of Inverness) have run stalking for the last 2 years for the Jocks. I managed to get the cost down to about 30 per man to shoot a hind as part of a 2 man team on the hill. The Jocks loved it! See below

Tartanjock is the man if he is still there otherwise i can provide a link back to FG to ensure a jock comes along and some sort of positive media is produced, if you want?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture2..jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	88.3 KB 
ID:	111

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture1..jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	204.0 KB 
ID:	110

Many thanks for the kind thought, if The Watch can't do it then there is always 45 Commando Royal Marines who are near Arbroath.

Good luck!

45 cdo RM use to do this years ago, I take it they will still do it . The Guards do it at Balmoral as have the Argylls.

Its not something new just a change for the men, keeps them out of the beer bar for a couple of days ,giving them a totally different outlook to what happens outside a uniform

You got to wonder why BASC hasn't taken this up.

If I had the land to do this then I certainly would. But I would also be looking at doing this for help for heros for the guys that have lost something of themselves for Queen and Country.

If I coud be of help down in the Westcountry, Devon then I would love to help.

ArthursC