Thread: Bob Martin Wormer Tablets (Nitroscanate)

Bob Martin Wormer Tablets (Nitroscanate)

Not a deer dog question, but vet and med, sorry if it's in the wrong place but the vet and med section seems aimed at deer issues.

Yesterday morning, Mrs Essexsussex gave the dog a Bob Martin wormer, as recommended by the local farm supplies - we have never used it before, but the dog's been sick a lot yesterday, and 5 times during the night.

We certainly won't be using it again, but should we be seeking vet advice since the dog keeps vomiting? i wasnt worried when it was during the day, but to keep vomiting 18hrs afterwards is not a good sign. The dog is a bit quiet but not in a bad state.

I have discovered since the event by looking on line that the active ingredient, Nitroscanate, is a bit old fashioned and can cause vomiting.

Anyone got a view on Nitroscanate or the dog itself?!

Thanks

Will
    Last edited by Essexsussex; 17-09-2014 at 07:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Essexsussex View Post
    Not a deer dog question, but vet and med, sorry if it's in the wrong place but the vet and med section seems aimed at deer issues.

Yesterday morning, Mrs Essexsussex gave the dog a Bob Martin wormer, as recommended by the local farm supplies - we have never used it before, but the dog's been sick a lot yesterday, and 5 times during the night.

We certainly won't be using it again, but should we be seeking vet advice since the dog keeps vomiting? i wasnt worried when it was during the day, but to keep vomiting 18hrs afterwards is not a good sign. The dog is a bit quiet but not in a bad state.

I have discovered since the event by looking on line that the active ingredient, Nitroscanate, is a bit old fashioned and can cause vomiting.

Anyone got a view on Nitroscanate or the dog itself?!

Thanks

Will
    ...and I have just heard from Mrs ES the dog has come in to season this morning, which might explain the excessive reaction...
    Last edited by Essexsussex; 17-09-2014 at 09:18.

NItroscante is a relatively "old" wormer and vomiting was known side effect, although not as much as your dog. If she didn't start to vomit until at least an hour after the table, it's probably still been effective. Drontal is more effective and gentler on the dog.

Thanks Buchan, that's useful info. We are certainly going back to drontal after this. Was never a problem with any dog we've had.