Evening All,

I am a farmer from sussex and enjoy all aspects of shooting even if it only ends having had a decent walk!

Have 22rim, hmr and .308 currently for general vermin, fox and the odd pig. Am looking for a medium barrelled 243 at the mo hence registering on here. We've been seeing a lot more fallow deer on the farm of late and thinking the 243 maybe a better option for them if not the fox.

Atb

Ben

.308 for what you have described is all you would ever need, why bother with a girly .243......???? (Sorry, thought I'd get there first), but seriously, you have more than enough for everything there already!
Anyhoo, welcome aboard, enjoy!

Hi Ben Welcome to the site, as deerstalker 308 said, you seem to have the ideal calibre for fallow, enjoy your stalking cheers Geoff

Thanks chaps. One reason for the .243 is that I recently had a plate put in my radius near the wrist on my right hand when I broke it. Whilst the .308 is ok it does cause a bit of pain Through recoil and weight (varmint t3) which I am told may be an issue for at least 18 months.

New 243 would be a lighter gun to help with this issue. And another one for the collection!

Back