Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: A Reflection

  1. #1

    A Reflection

    "On a mount triangular, as the island of Britain itself is described to be, we seat in the supreme place, under the shape of a fair and beautiful nymph, Britannia herself...."

    Britannia civilized the world and there was never a reason to humiliate her any more than we already have!
    "Nos unum sumus".....Rule, Britannia!









  2. #2
    Seriously mate.... please take care with these mushrooms

  3. #3
    'Simul nos firmiores'

  4. #4
    You boys sure do talk pretty

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by alberta boy View Post
    You boys sure do talk pretty

  6. #6
    Thought that was going to come out like this "You got purty lips boy!!!"
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    Thought that was going to come out like this "You got purty lips boy!!!"
    Et tu puer, surrexit purty labia

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    "On a mount triangular, as the island of Britain itself is described to be, we seat in the supreme place, under the shape of a fair and beautiful nymph, Britannia herself...."

    Britannia civilized the world and there was never a reason to humiliate her any more than we already have!
    "Nos unum sumus".....Rule, Britannia!

    Aye Rule Britannia unfortunately means other things up here!

    "Trouble flared in Glasgow last night, where groups of rival Unionists and independence supporters had to be separated by police officers.
    BBC Scotland reporter Cameron Buttle, who was at the scene, said Friday evening's confrontation started quickly with flares being fired and a "coordinated" charge from the Unionist side, who were singing Rule Britannia."

    taken form the BBC live reporting web site.

    I noticed nobody who was condemning the earlier Yes nutters did so with the Unionist eedjits.
    Or is it a case that now the vote is over Scotland can go back to being an English play ground and what happens up here doesn't matter.
    Oh and my aunt who is over from Poland did see a Saltire being burned in Glasgow so those that condemned the Union Jack being burned have their revenge!
    Last edited by LuckyEddie; 21-09-2014 at 07:35.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyEddie View Post
    Aye Rule Britannia unfortunately means other things up here!

    "Trouble flared in Glasgow last night, where groups of rival Unionists and independence supporters had to be separated by police officers.
    BBC Scotland reporter Cameron Buttle, who was at the scene, said Friday evening's confrontation started quickly with flares being fired and a "coordinated" charge from the Unionist side, who were singing Rule Britannia."

    taken form the BBC live reporting web site.

    I noticed nobody who was condemning the earlier Yes nutters did so with the Unionist eedjits.
    Or is it a case that now the vote is over Scotland can go back to being an English play ground and what happens up here doesn't matter.
    Oh and my aunt who is over from Poland did see a Saltire being burned in Glasgow so those that condemned the Union Jack being burned have their revenge!
    Probably because we don't get to see it. I've seen brief reports of trouble on TV news but little detail. But then I don't expect you get bombarded with news about incidents on English streets. In any case I learned more about the intimidation on sites like this than I did from newspapers and TV news. Our media have plunged straight back into their Westminster world.
    I condemn absolutely all sectarian violence but I'm afraid I'm not surprised by any of it and beyond condemning it I don't know what response you expect from English people. Scottish politics has been split up the middle by this and left a wide open goal for tribalist trouble makers and drunken yobs.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyEddie View Post
    Aye Rule Britannia unfortunately means other things up here!
    I am American but my wife is English and my son is British thru and thru. He will never grow up in a divided Britain and that is best. In the 20th century over 1 million Britons gave their lives so Britain could remain together and free and we should never forget this.

    From Australia to Britain (including America), we are all a part of one world, the Anglo-Saxon world, a world where the individual rules over the State and respect for the rule of law is paramount. This concept brought the world free trade, a fair legal system and unprecedented prosperity.


    Before one criticizes a Britain, one should first imagine a world without her.
    Last edited by Sidewinder; 21-09-2014 at 20:58.

Similar Threads

  1. Advice on light reflection from mod
    By Tulloch in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 01-06-2014, 15:54
  2. Reflection
    By johngryphon in forum Photos
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 17-09-2012, 21:11

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •