Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boyds stock for howa 1500

Boyds stock for howa 1500

Im getting a howa .243 and thought about upgrading the stock at a later date. Has anyone got or had 1? They seem a good price but are they any good?

Don't Boyds supply the stocks for factory fitted Howa laminate rifles anyway?
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by dan71 View Post
    Im getting a howa .243 and thought about upgrading the stock at a later date. Has anyone got or had 1? They seem a good price but are they any good?
    I have a PSE composite stock on my Howa 1500 and its very light and very rigid.

It was on the rifle when I bought it from a SD member but I think they are about 350/400

Very happy with the rifle and the stock

I think boyds do supply factory stocks. I just thought it may be cheaper to buy 1 direct.

You may have some difficulty buying direct from Boyds if the cost is above $100.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by dan71 View Post
    I think boyds do supply factory stocks. I just thought it may be cheaper to buy 1 direct.

Yes they do supply them and they're about half price if you go direct. I had one for my Tikka and a friend then bought one for his Howa in 243 and they're excellent value for money. Not quite a Joe West adjustable but then only 1/3 the price.

I've nothing but praise for Boyds and their stocks.

Did they fit on all ok?

PSE are awesome!

I've had a few and put them on friends rifles , overall they are good stocks for the money . They fit well in my experience and are very durable , I'll buy from them again .

AB

I just put a green laminate on my Hart-barreled Howa .223. Dropped in ready for bedding. How does a Boyds stock cost 300 pounds?? Ninety-seven dollars if it isn't a lefty. (I had the 'Grim Reaper" laser engraved next to the bolt cut on mine so that was an extra $20US.) I also installed one on my Parker Hale 308 Norma Magnum. Dropped in ready to bed.~Muir