Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tikka t3 - 595 interchangability

Tikka t3 - 595 interchangability

Hi all,

Does anyone know if the bottom metal of a t3 will fit a tikka 595?

If anyone has both, let me know. I only have the 595. Idea being that I haven't been able to find bottom metal (trigger guard etc. ) in metal for the 595 but have seen plenty of metal ones for a t3. Even if it requires a little...persuasion.

Cheers

Brooklands Holiday Apartments in North Yorkshire
    www.visitbrooklands.co.uk

Find us on Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Brook...71190506238710

my smith told me 595 only come in plastic as i wanted a stainless steel bottom metal .and on the 595 the mag release is part of the bottom plastic
    and not sure if the T3 has the same mag release system .
    if you do find a metal replacement for the 595 please let me know

No. Mag release completely different.
    Sako TRG-42 folder .338LM🔫 Sako TRG-22 .308/.260🔫 Tikka 595 .222(NV'd up) 🔫 AR15 .223/300BLK 🔫Franchi 12g 520 9shot🔫Baikal .410 stealth🔫Ruger #1.243

Home | Varminting UK

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    you would have to look hard to find a metal bottom trigger guard for the 590/595, as far as i am aware the only one i ever heard about was made by a chap in Aus for his own rifle/rifles,

plastic is the only material that was used,

i would love to have one made for my 6mmbr but it would cost a shoot load of money as it would be made from a small billot of alloy and then the time to set up the machine would make it just to expensive.

bob.

sorry

i think the guy is in the USA,

http://forum.snipershide.com/s4-snip...m-we-have.html
    Last edited by bobjs; 21-09-2014 at 10:37.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

There was an Australian company producing bottom metal for 595 target rifles at one time but I don't know if they stopped when the model was discontinued and the market dried up. As others have already informed you Wills the bottom metal on the T3 and 595 will differ because of the different magazine arrangements of the two models.
    I dare say that a good machinist or gunsmith could produce what you want but at what cost?
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

The question should be whether an M695 will interchange with a T3, as both are long actions.

The answer is NO anyway.
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.

IIRC this was discussed on an Australian site quite a while back, the fixing centres are the same for the M595 and T3.
    The 595 has its trigger unit set back further which fouls the rear of the trigger guard which they assumed could be fettled.
    Mag position does not appear to be a problem either - no need to work the bottom of action for feed lips to fit.
    They did not use AI AICS mags but an American equivalent with different feed lip design.

Quote Originally Posted by Sauer90 View Post
    IIRC this was discussed on an Australian site quite a while back, the fixing centres are the same for the M595 and T3.
    Sorry but these actions are different in length, and in design.

I don't have a T3 to hand to measure up, but the M595 action screws (centre-to-centre) are 178mm apart with the M695 being 190mm apart.

There's an interesting post comparing the 2 actions ..... for those who believe them to be similar:-

http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...s-shown-55517/
    Last edited by Sinistral; 22-09-2014 at 15:53.
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.

Ah well, it was worth a thought. Its a shame, as for 595 (yes..it did really cost that), it is a cracking rifle. I was out on Saturday sighting in a new scope (zeiss 3-12*56 HT) and was quite impressed how accurate it was at 200 yards. Thanks for your input.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinistral View Post
    Sorry but these actions are different in length, and in design.

I don't have a T3 to hand to measure up, but the M595 action screws (centre-to-centre) are 178mm apart with the M695 being 190mm apart.

There's an interesting post comparing the 2 actions ..... for those who believe them to be similar:-

http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...s-shown-55517/
    Think I'll accuse you of being a c**k then.
    If you had bothered to look at the pictures on your link with the trigger guards side by side, you would have seen that the mounting hole centres looked bloody close and not 12mm different.
    T3 mounting centres are 178mm. That would be the same as a M595.