Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ruger no.1 eye relief?

Ruger no.1 eye relief?

Morning folks
    i have a Ruger no.1 and am struggling to get the appropriate eye relief, how do you folks get on? In the interest of scope height I would be happy to change to a scope with a longer eye relief what are you using?
    Regards
    Martin

What mounts do you have, is it possible to extend your scope further forward?
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

I am using Ruger standard mounts at the moment with a s&b 8x56 with the scope back as far as it will go!

Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)
    I have a Ruger no1 and have written a lot on the subject on here.
    The only sensible solution that I came up (other than growing a longer neck) with was this offering from Conetrol mounts in the USA.
    Attachment 47130Attachment 47131

The biggest problem I had was removing the original scope mounting base from the barrel. My advice is leave that bit to a gunsmith.
    The base is completely replaced and the mounts are projectionless which makes it all very slick.
    Mine is a 1B what version do you have?
    You can see just how far back I have got the scope as the eyepiece is level with the start of the stock cheek piece. It works really well.
    Last edited by teyhan1; 21-09-2014 at 12:06.
    “Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”........Dalai Lama

Ruger make a step back mount, they work well, also look for a scope with greater eye relief. Thats what I did with mine, worked well.

Quote Originally Posted by teyhan1 View Post
    The only sensible solution that I came up (other than growing a longer neck) with was this offering from Conetrol mounts in the USA.

The biggest problem I had was removing the original scope mounting base from the barrel. My advice is leave that bit to a gunsmith.
    The base is completely replaced and the mounts are projectionless which makes it all very slick.
    You can see just how far back I have got the scope as the eyepiece is level with the start of the stock cheek piece. It works really well.
    Thats nice just the thing! mine is a 1B in .243 stainless and laminate, I have removed the recoil pad and it's about right. But not the best answer!

Quote Originally Posted by teyhan1 View Post

Nice!

K

Blog Entries
    Just dug out the original boxes for those of you that are interested.
    Base...Custum LH1RC1
    Rings...Custum 30C3

Good luck
    “Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”........Dalai Lama

Thank you for that Teyhan, I don't suppose your contact had another set gathering dust?
    cheers

Blog Entries
    No, sadly not. I found them on some american shooting site when doing a general google search.
    Klenchblaize on here seems to know Conrtrol quite well, but a google search will bring up their details and a quick chat with them will probably bring some quick results.
    One thing to also add is be aware of your scopes eye relief. Some can run short eye relief. My scope is now a 3-9x40 Zeiss which I think has 3.5-4 inches of eye relief.