Thread: Nikkon prostaff scope

Nikkon prostaff scope

Hi has anyone got 1? Or do you no anyone that has 1? I just wondered what they are like as been told they are good value

what rifle do you want to put it on? ive had a couple on my rimmies and the glass is nice, for the money they are very good value , Hawke,MTC money but on a completely different level in glass IMO , the BDC ret is pretty useful to if you take time to use it. i had the 3-9x50 and 4-12x40 which is the one i preferred , i know they also the EFR which i think is more for airgun ranges as it has a variable parallax
    rgds
    craig

Had one on a rimfire, it was an excellent scope at an affordable price, I would highly recommend them on any rimfire.

I have a 3-9x50 but never used it much. Was going to try it on .243 howab. Then upgrade later when i have more money

We have one on the .243 and it is good for the job and pretty cheap

Ill give it a go. If im not happy with it ill get a good 1. I need a scope that is good in low light and for lamping.

Quote Originally Posted by dan71 View Post
    Ill give it a go. If im not happy with it ill get a good 1. I need a scope that is good in low light and for lamping.
    Then get something with a German #1 post reticle which comes all the way up to center, in a 6x42, so you can see it in any light, and the 6x40 or 6x42 will give you lots of light.

If you want a reasonable variable power, look at a Burris FFII: 95% or better transmission.

I have a 3-9x40 Prostaff on my main PCP air rifle and a 3-9x50 on my rimfire, both with the BDC ret.

The only scope I have found at a similar price bracket that outperforms it in low light is the Vortex Diamondback, but the aim points on the Diamondback are spaced further apart making them less flexible IMHO

To get significantly better performance in low light you need to spend a lot more or be very patient in waiting for the right used scope to come up (and be fast enough to beat everyone else to it )

3-9x40 on my Logun Dominator:

3-9x50 on my little CZ rimfire:

I leave them both on 6 or 7 x and never touch them

I have a 3-7 x 32 on my hw 60j in 22 hornet. Its a well made scope and the clarity of the glass is comparable to my Nikon monarch 6 x 42. Maybe there is just a fraction of a difference at last light but you would be hard pushed to see the difference. I would certainly buy another with no hesitation

I have a 4-12x40 bdc on my hmr, very good scope for the money.