Thread: Back on the SD

Back on the SD

Hi all, back on the SD after some months filled with all kind of negative and positive hassle. I have not posted or replied on anything for a while due to the fact i was too busy with changing jobs and getting to know my new hunting ground. Also had trouble with the head of the old syndicate in Germany i left which had to be sorted out. Strange what people can do to make youre life miserable just because they do not agree with you and have a grudge. Lost a bit of my trust in people. But finally i have some time and put some hunting results on the SD. No full stories as yet but they will be coming in future again.

First as said i had to change my job due to a reorganisation but luckily found an interesting job in another region. Only downfall its further away from my new permission / syndicate. Still working for the same organisation but have to cover all of the South of the Netherlands.
    Luckily earlier this year i picked up a new permission of about 400 hectares on the way for pigeons, crows and other corvids in the south west. Maybe i can combine work and plaesure a bit that way.

Started on the 1st of july with the new permission on the Veluwe. Its about 2850 hectares and is predominantly woods, forest and heather with some small grassy fields. Species are Red, Roe, Fallow, Wild Boar and Moeflon. It is not as well utilitated as my former permission in Germany with cosy closed high seats unfortunately. Due to regulations of the county and actions of ALF high seats are being demolished and burned down and we cannot put new ones up. So i am stalking a lot (which is nice) or sit behind trees and shrubs or camo netting (not so nice when its raining or coming winter). Out of 10 times i am out, 9 times i see wild game. Right now the woods are full of roaring red stags. Some of them are the large gold medal thropy size you see in the Hungarian video's. I am allowed to shoot them but have to be sure they are over 12 years of age. As it is my first year i leave them for now as i do not want to make a mistake (of course when it is very obvious its an oldtimer he's mine). In the first month when stags where still out of season i got a couple of them 30 meters from my stand. I was so flabbergasted i didnt even raise my bino's to have a look. What a magnificent sight that was!
    Wild boar are plentyfull and you can see them during the day in the woods or at the feeding stations. The syndicate has around 35 feeding stations so sometimes you do not know where to sit really. We have to shoot at least 130 wild boar (in several age groups) before february 2015 and i have untill now shot 21 of those including a keiler.
    Some pictures below, made a selection.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG-20140811-00111.jpg   Heerde-20140331-00019.jpg   IMAG0006.JPG   IMG-20140806-00103.jpg   IMAG0039.JPG  

IMG-20140806-00106.jpg   IMG-20140702-00063.jpg   IMG-20140703-00066.jpg   IMG-20140707-00069.jpg   IMG-20140709-00070.jpg  

Nunspeet-20140801-00091.jpg   IMG-20140716-00076.jpg   IMG-20140814-00117.jpg   IMG-20140729-00088.jpg   IMG-20140801-00092.jpg  

Last edited by Holland&Holland; 21-09-2014 at 10:15.

Aw life must be so hard for you. Pah.
    It is good you have so much on the land but the alf must be a pain. What are the regulations that stop you from putting highseats back up?

are the boar a big problem over there?
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

Welcome back Rudd.

Looks me a great piece of hunting ground.
    The red deer sound exciting.

All the best
    Jonathon

Looks like a good bit of ground. Good pictures. What happens if you don't make the boar target cull? What is the ALS if you pardon my ignorance?

Quote Originally Posted by The Singing Stalker View Post
    Aw life must be so hard for you. Pah.
    It is good you have so much on the land but the alf must be a pain. What are the regulations that stop you from putting highseats back up?

are the boar a big problem over there?
    Regulations are to do with planning permission. They (the anti hunters) see highseats as structures that need a planning permission. The council in most cases agrees ! And because most areas on the Veluwe are Natura 2000 (protected nature by Europe) building is not allowed.
    Boar are not that big of a problem in the Woods, it has to do with if the population getting to big and out of control, then its a problem. They will go onto the arable lands to feed and also cause traffic accidents on the provincial raods. So we have to cull them to a certain number before the problem gets too big.
    Last edited by Holland&Holland; 22-09-2014 at 05:59.

Quote Originally Posted by Border View Post
    Looks like a good bit of ground. Good pictures. What happens if you don't make the boar target cull? What is the ALS if you pardon my ignorance?
    ALF = Animal Liberation Front

If i do not meet the culling numbers the Council might assign other hunters to my permission and do the culling for me. Or i might loose the permission.

looks like some excellent trips out really well done and thanks for showing ...

Just googled the area. I thought that you were hunting in Germany. I thought that hunting was non exhistant in the Netherlands. I didn,t know that you had boar or red deer there. Nice. I can then also understand that you have more than your fair share of anti hunters.....