Rifle battery's

finnbear270

What's in your battery (safe), for me I have now settled,I don't think I will look for another calibre,So for Bunnies & Fox etc, the Remington .17 Fireball has shone out, for open country Fox or Scots Roe,the Border cut .223 barrel on a Tikka M595 action, throated & twisted for 69 grain bullets, my old favourite a Sako Finnbear, in .270 for general deer stalking, & just in case I get lucky in my old age & land a trip to Canada or SA, or the like, a new to me Finnbear action wearing a Lothar Walther 300 tube, So what have you?

Brno ZKK 270win (soon with Boyds stock). For everything. Good for foxes and good for Red stag. Dont need 2,3 or 4 rifles as ill only be using one at a time and then the others will stand and collect dust in the safe.

I would never hunt anything which is too big for the 270W to shoot anyway.

I have this in my safe:[FONT=&amp]

.22LR for plinking
.223rem for fox and target practice
.260rem for long range varmint and mid size game
.30-06 for all around deer hunting
.300wm for long range deer hunting
338wm for large game hunting
9.3x62 for driven hunt and large game hunting
.458 Lott for the fun of it and dangerous game (which I doubt will ever happen)[/FONT]

Last edited:
Cz 22lr-vermin
semi custom remy 22/250-fox
steyr 6.5x55-deer
steyr 308 -deer
sako L61R 270 -deer
These are already in the safe

To add ~
Fac semi auto 12
410 pistol
Norma

Last edited:
.22 finnfire.
.243 T3 varmint just for foxing.
.30-06 T3 lite with a bell and carlson stock.
Hopefully a 9.3x62 based on a PH action Lother Walther heavy sporter barrel on a walnut stock( when all the bits come together) work in progress ;)

Jon

.22 Finfire for rabbits/vermin
.222 Tikka 595 stainless laminate for foxes /small deer
.243 Tikka T3
.270 Sako 75 S/S
3006 Parker Hale
Might reduce it down a bit to make room for a lever action at some point.

.22 air rifle
.22 Rimfire
.243 Remington
.270 Krico
.308 Sako
.375 H+H Remington

Last edited:
.22lr
6.5 x 58 r
8 x 60 JRS

I feel I have all possible bases covered with the above though opinions will vary of course. Its a good job they do otherwise the SD Forum would be short on debate:cool:

Having said that I feel sure I could find a use for a svelte little 7mm Stutzen somehow!!!, Oh and also maybe a .470 NE double rifle and perhaps a .270 for a bit more reach..

Rabbits and plinking- .22lr
Plinking and fox (when I find someone down here who doesn't like foxes)- 357 Mag super carbine
Everything else, UK and otherwise- 45-120 arriving shortly

.22 Air Arms S410 Air Rifle,
.22LR CZ452
.17HMR Anshutz Thumbhole
.243 Sako 85 SS (new yesterday)
12G Miroku MK38 O/U
20G Miroku MK70 O/U
.410 3 shot bolt action
Grandads old twist steel barrel Hammer double (not safe to fire)

what more could I want?

I have this in my safe:[FONT=&amp]

.22LR for plinking
.223rem for fox and target practice
.260rem for long range varmint and mid size game
.30-06 for all around deer hunting
.300wm for long range deer hunting
338wm for large game hunting
9.3x62 for driven hunt and large game hunting
.458 Lott for the fun of it and dangerous game (which I doubt will ever happen)[/FONT]

Very similar
.22lr, .22wmr, .17m2, .17hmr
.308 target only
.300wm

would love a lever or falling block .444/45-70 and a 416 Rigby/458 Lott too

22lr for silent close range vermin
17 remington for less silent vermin/fox
6.5x47 lap for small deer or high seat work
308 win for general woodland stalking
7mm Rem Mag for Reds

thinking about a 22/250 for dedicated NV use

*** Bunny basher
****Semi Bunny basher when silence is required
****Fox & Munties, Scots Roe
******* Target & foxes
and some other stuff like a Amazonian blowpipe
A Black Widow catapult
A Trebuchet
A sharp stick
A Bow & arrow

Oh FFS!!!!!!

I have "some" guns OK....!!

:coat:

Last edited:
Guys, before you post or answer a question like this, just think on this. This is a website and as such it is available to everyone with a mobile or tablet, desktop, laptop. Not everyone viewing this site is a decent honest human being, people have just posted the entire contents of their gun safes, your details are stored on this website, websites are hacked. I know I will be derided and laughed at in true SD fashion but consider this, if people can hack the MOD data base what chance this site ? Last year a gun club secretary had their PC hacked, stored on that were the membership details, so it does happen.

^^^^ and that's the reason my list isn't here !

it's just like writing a shopping list for criminals ...............

The above might be true if you also posted your address and real name - but the most we can tell from most of these is that someone in, say, all of Dorset, has a number of guns. Hardly a revelation to anyone looking to steal guns!

Anyone serious about stealing them (and they would have to be pretty serious) would already know that you have some guns.

My list is nothing special:

.22 LR
.222 for fox and roe (currently for sale).
.243 for roe and small fallow.
.308 for everything else
12g SXS

Other than maybe one day upgrading the .222 for a nicer one, I don't think I will every buy another gun - these do all I could concievably want to do.

I think many of us give away enough clues when posting on here that we could be easily traced.

Back