Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opinions on best sika call

Opinions on best sika call

The rut is on the way and thinking of getting a sika call anyone got a favourite and a supplier. Also if you could rate it for ease of use. I searched the site but all advice seems 3 or 4 years old. Cheers in advance for any advice. Dixie

Sceery elk call.
    Mcleods of Tain.

George.
    Last edited by Mauser243; 21-09-2014 at 11:55. Reason: Supplier

Quote Originally Posted by Mauser243 View Post
    Sceery elk call.
    Mcleods of Tain.

George.
    +1

There are no guarantees for calling sika in my experience anyway I have never had a stag come running to the call though other people have I find that if any come at all they sneak in very quietly to check out the disturbance all the while keeping themselves hidden and for the most part undetected, however if you do happen to get one interested and can locate him you might have a result, also use the call very sparingly once every 30mins and subdued is what has worked for me good luck.............
    Last edited by dlz90; 21-09-2014 at 13:39.

Sceery elk call, had them running in full pelt but as has been said I've had them creep in silently to a couple of yards away many a time. Start off blowing it very gently and quietly every so often and gradually increase the volume!

Quote Originally Posted by Mauser243 View Post
    Sceery elk call.
    Mcleods of Tain.

George.
    +1 McLeod's are also nice to deal with.

Glendine.

Thanks every one took ur advice and one should now be route now from mcleods's. Now let's hope I can make it sound realistic.
    Cheers. Dixie

tryed this the other week Primos 306 Hare Predator and Sika Call

9.99 uttings
    bloody good need to blow as hard as you can but sounds just like one ,i was calling sika they were calling back but he did't come over the hill

I have only ever used the Sceery elk #1 and only once in Argyll, a spiker came weaving in and I shot it so 100% success! I lost the call a few years ago and have given up searching so have just ordered one from Macleods - 25 + postage and a gold old fashioned telephone transaction! I will find my old one the moment the postman arrives for sure!

Sceery elk call, takes a bit of practise though.

al