Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Midland Game Fair

Midland Game Fair

Did you go to the MGF this year ? What did you think of it ? Would you go again ? I went Sat with others,and boy has it gone down hill since I last went a few years age.I will not be bothering again

Pretty much feel the same, it used to be the shooting man fair with all the big shops/manufacturers in attendance. However this time there were only a few of the larger gun shops there. It was ok but it certainly was not the old pre-season shooting mans fair

As above, it was ok but they need to get it back to how it was before its too late. There seemed to be alot more police on the ground and security/cctv to keep an eye on things.

Quote Originally Posted by tika.308 View Post
    As above, it was ok but they need to get it back to how it was before its too late. There seemed to be alot more police on the ground and security/cctv to keep an eye on things.
    +1 needs to get back to how many stallholders there was about 10 yrs ago. Security seemed a lot better and not so many travellers on sat but don't know what sun was like.

went on Saturday to, yep wasn't many gun traders there, infect I walked the gunrow twice as I thought id missed some of them.
    Hardly any rifles there at all. But even still the kids and mrs enjoyed the day out, and it was good to bump in to a few fellow SD members as well, yes I will be there next year if the weather is good, but Its fairly local to me.

atb
    simon

I attended today (sunday), I got there early to park at the front of the car parks, I was not impressed to find those arriving at 11.00hrs to be parked way in front of me! Nor was I impressed by the distance to walk into the show, no matter where you were parked. You need to be able to get back to your vehicle and drop stuff off throughout the day, without a two mile hike to do it!
    Content of traders was abysmal, as stated previously, very little rifles or stalking equipment (Although good to see Mauser/Blaser there). Not one of the three shotgun manufacturers that I wanted to see was there. Other than a few bits from Norman Clarke and a couple of pairs of moleskins I bought nothing and departed the show within two and a half hours, deeply disappointed.
    Although it's my (relatively) local show, I shall not be returning in the near future. I know we've had a recession, but it's gone down hill so much in the last ten years that it's simply not worth the drive to get there, let alone the 20 admission.
    Hopefully Countryman fairs will read some of these comments and amend their ways.
    I shall be trying the Deer fair at Newark showground in November, the old deer fair at Chetwynd was always good, a shame they stopped it.

These are my views and opinions, others may think different.

Roger

Another thing that is keeping traders away is the pitch prices they are silly money. Good to catch up with plenty of sd members today.

I went on Saturday with 2 mates - with a little trepidation after all the stuff on here about last year.

I was pleasantly surprised, and yes I would go again.

It wasn't the CLA - but then it never has been. But all if not most shotgun manufacturers were represented, either in person or by one of their big main dealers. Yes, rifles were lacking, but I seem to remember that always to be the case. Its not so easy for them to sell rifles as shotguns with slots required etc - and I imagine the security to be a little worse?

Lots of pikeys around and it definitely attracts a different clientele to the CLA.

We were quite rushed due to traffic and a hangover, but it was a nice size to walk around, the dog section was good and I would have loved more time to watch the demos etc.

Parking a bit closer would have been nice. I stupidly bought a dog bed early on and regretted that whilst trying to shop elsewhere!

Have to agree with the majority, a poor show, won't rush back next year!
    Kev.

I agree a poor show again. Countryman fair just on the take and traders not able to ford the costs of the stands, so they vote by not turning up.