Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gaiters

Gaiters

Sare needing new gaiters, is it worth spending 70 on Harkila or Black Islander, or is a pair of ex-Army ones for 15 water-proof and quiet enough to suffice ?

would not touch harkila ones had blackislander but prefer huntech

I wouldn't pay more than 20 - 30 for a pair of gaiters

Outdoor research crocodiles. Had a couple of pairs over the years and used them hard, very happy with them.

Ex-army - very good.
    Also LeChem Koktor's.
    The mil spec generally have a thick YKK zip, useful as much easier to get dirt and soil out of than the thinner nylon zips. Doesn't sound important now, but will be when you try and take them off and then on again after a day in the muddy field.

70 for gaitors, that is nuts; saying that I have just seen that the Koktor's are now 65 - ring 'ell, I only paid 35-40 a few years ago, what a rip off!
    Last edited by RickoShay; 21-09-2014 at 18:11.
    "There comes in the dead of night a hand of cold steel that plucks the German sentries from their posts"
    WSC 1942

Hello Malxwal,

I've just purchased a loden pair from Germany which are of excellent quality (in fact the best quality I've ever had) & they arrived in about 3 days. They are amazingly quiet & the only criticism I can come up with is that they are quite warm when walking. The staff at the company also speak excellent English & respond to e-mails very quickly. The 1st pair are for normal legs & the 2nd pair are for fuller calves. They also do more expensive ones but these seem perfect to me.

http://www.jagdfieber.com/en/Clothin...JBGA-0009.html

Hope that helps,

J

Quote Originally Posted by McKenzie View Post
    Hello Malxwal,

I've just purchased a loden pair from Germany which are of excellent quality (in fact the best quality I've ever had) & they arrived in about 3 days. They are amazingly quiet & the only criticism I can come up with is that they are quite warm when walking. The staff at the company also speak excellent English & respond to e-mails very quickly. The 1st pair are for normal legs & the 2nd pair are for fuller calves. They also do more expensive ones but these seem perfect to me.

http://www.jagdfieber.com/en/Clothin...JBGA-0009.html

Hope that helps,

J
    CHeers for that, they look like they're made out of some thick almost fleecy material ?

Quote Originally Posted by Malxwal View Post
    CHeers for that, they look like they're made out of some thick almost fleecy material ?
    Loden:

LODEN FABRICS - Vegam

K

Have a look at snow locks I've had a pair or years now also fan of the yetis in truly awful conditions