Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nitesite Wolf

Nitesite Wolf

Anyone got one or used one? Half tempted in one but I'm not sure on the real life effective range in one and how good a picture you get and whether it's just a set of eyes and a blur

I use the ns200 and the eagle. Definatley not a blur with eyes.
    You will need parallax adjustment to tune the focus and different ranges.
    Claimed ranges are about what they claim.
    Hang on....when i get home i will upload a couple of vids of me using mine for you to see

Here you go...this is the ns200...deer filmed while out foxing

NS200 again. Obviously both vids are in total darkness

A good range of distances on this one

Nice, like the deer vid. What distance is the upper range would you say foxing to be certain of placement. 100/ 150. I've seen couple vids online and some don't look that clear. I'm guessing it looks better in person when you stood behind screen.

nice vids. what scope are you using the system with? do you find that the glass on some scopes make them more difficult to use? I am tempted to buy a system but have been told that if you have high end glass the results can be poor.

I mainly use the ns200 on the .17hmr, so always keep fox shots at sensible distances (under 100) but you can spot the eyes at 200+.
    On the eagle (claimed 500yrds) you can certainly see them well enough at centre fire ranges. But as with any night shooting, know your ground and know your backstops. Im in suffolk and you welcome to come and try mine....not sure how far away you are?

Quote Originally Posted by gmorrice96 View Post
    nice vids. what scope are you using the system with? do you find that the glass on some scopes make them more difficult to use? I am tempted to buy a system but have been told that if you have high end glass the results can be poor.
    The hmr has a cheapish nikko stirling gold crown and picture brightness and quality is one of the best i have seen. I have a mtc genesis on the .223 and its still good but not as clear as the nikko.
    I also prefer a scope with a low starting mag (3 or 4x), this makes scanning for quarry much easier as you have a better field of view.
    It is true that some of the higher end scopes have coatings on the lens that dont best suit ir illumination. However, tried it on a swaro and although it was not as clear as the nikko it was still very good. Also 50mm obj is best on the scopes i have tried it on.

Quote Originally Posted by gmorrice96 View Post
    Yea I was told to they work better with cheaper scopes, because of all the coatings on higher end scopes. I would of thought it would of been other way but..