Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: norma .270 110 gr copper for red and sika

norma .270 110 gr copper for red and sika

Anybody any experience of using these on red or sika deer?

Yes. No complaints yet.

Quote Originally Posted by patterdale View Post
    Crap on red deer
    +1 two young stags this afternoon both needed second shots to put them down, don't seem to be expanding properly.

Quote Originally Posted by patterdale View Post
    Crap on red deer

Hmmmmm thought that'd be the case, used federal 130gr coppers before and they were brilliant but can't get them here just now

Why use 110-gr bullet on a large animal?
    Why not just use a 150-gr standard Hornady or Remington or Speer ( Federal ), and KNOW it will work?

Quote Originally Posted by Southern View Post
    Why not just use a 150-gr standard Hornady or Remington or Speer ( Federal ), and KNOW it will work?
    +1
    Tusker

Quote Originally Posted by Southern View Post
    Because in one area o stalk it's a requirement that you use nontoxic, there's only one gunshop with in an hours drive of me and he only has 110gr which is fine as that ground is predominantly roe but my other ground has red and sika and I don't want to keep rezeroing hence the question

Quote Originally Posted by Tikka 270 View Post
    Because in one area o stalk it's a requirement that you use nontoxic, there's only one gunshop with in an hours drive of me and he only has 110gr which is fine as that ground is predominantly roe but my other ground has red and sika and I don't want to keep rezeroing hence the question
    If you have to use nontoxic, you're better of using the Sako Powerhead, is loaded with 130 grains Barnes TSX, which is cooper only. My rifle shoots them .5 MOA, give them a try!

Quote Originally Posted by Shootgun View Post
    If you have to use nontoxic, you're better of using the Sako Powerhead, is loaded with 130 grains Barnes TSX, which is cooper only. My rifle shoots them .5 MOA, give them a try!
    Only problem is I can get them, the 110gr are the only copper bullets the gunshop carries, used federal 130gr coppers last year and they were great but got them from a gunshop 4 hours from me and when I'm passing he will be closed and my rifle needs to be zeroed and ready to rock and roll when I get to the woods