Thread: Advice on Postal Costs

Advice on Postal Costs

Anyone tell me roughly what the cost is to post a rifle scope worth around 1650, insured please?
    Scottish Borders to Down south. Not sure if distance plays a major part on the mainland???? I meant to take it to post office today for them to tell me but missed their opening hours!

Thanks in advance....

Depends on weight Brian. I think the firm I use is 5 for 1kg, not much more for 2kg, next day.

Royal Mail Special delivery. Signed for, and insured for what you need, for under 20.00, so long as you keep the weight below 2kg.

RM are generally the only service with a sensible cost for insurance, with courier companies often charging 5% of the value. Be very careful to check the insurance cost if using one of the on line shipping services.

Quote Originally Posted by deer man View Post
    Depends on weight Brian. I think the firm I use is 5 for 1kg, not much more for 2kg, next day.
    I guessed weight would play a part which is why I'd hoped to catch them today for a price.....

Thanks for the replies.

Game & country 11 interlink express. I just sent the Zeiss Brian. They will pack it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    Game & country 11 interlink express. I just sent the Zeiss Brian. They will pack it as well.
    Thanks Allan! And I take it that's insured, delivered next day?