Thread: Custom knife - advice please

Custom knife - advice please

Hi all,

I'm looking for a best man present for my brother. Getting married this weekend so time is of the essence. Between us we've got more kit than you could shake a rifle at but we don't have custom knives as we've always gone for the Mora (if you lose it you don't cry) option. I'd like to spend between 100-200 on it. What options are out there at this level? I know it won't be an Alan Wood but Google hasn't been that helpful at revealing much else.

Any help greatly appreciated!

All best,

Z.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeissman View Post
    Hi all,

I'm looking for a best man present for my brother. Getting married this weekend so time is of the essence. Between us we've got more kit than you could shake a rifle at but we don't have custom knives as we've always gone for the Mora (if you lose it you don't cry) option. I'd like to spend between 100-200 on it. What options are out there at this level? I know it won't be an Alan Wood but Google hasn't been that helpful at revealing much else.

Any help greatly appreciated!

All best,

Z.
    http://www.stainthorpknives.co.uk/for-sale

K

I've been using a dougster stalking knife for a while can thoroughly recommend holds a superb edge and requires little to maintain it

Lance 'driftwoodwalker' has always impressed me with his knives. He makes a range of different models.

I can't seem to get the link to work, but if you google driftwoodwalker it'll take you straight there.
    Last edited by Mac; 23-09-2014 at 20:48.

SD Regular
    If you've always been "Mora men" (I use the green ones) then maybe a custom knife is not a good present? I'd certainly not want that much spent on a knife.

Too easy to lose or too afraid to take it out in case it does get lost. Now a good RCBS Rockchucker will last a lifetime and is unlikely to easily get lost...
    Last edited by enfieldspares; 23-09-2014 at 20:49.

English hand made knifes Chris has made many for me including kitchen knifes

Thank you very much indeed all, these were all good suggestions. This evening, I have managed to secure a knife by Andy Martland. Google him and do look at some of his work - it really is exceptional! I have to say that I never really understood the urge for decent handmade knives before this little exercise. Now I've seen the combo of form and function that some of these knife makers achieve, I can't wait to get my own!

All best,

Z.