Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody remember "the gamekeeper" (series on ch.4, perhaps 20 years ago)??

Anybody remember "the gamekeeper" (series on ch.4, perhaps 20 years ago)??

.....it was a series following a keeper/deerstalker through the course of a year - think his name was Charlie Pirrie (apologies to him/anyone that knows him if I've got that wrong!).

Anyway:at the time, I recorded the entire series on a single VHS cassette (kids - ask your parents what one of those is.....). Over time, with university, marriage, kid, house moves, etc, I forgot about it until recently when summat jogged my memory - but could I find it? Could I buggery....lost in the mists of time. Oh well. Couldn't find it on amazon etc. Oh well.

However- guess what Mrs Merlin found the other day whilst looking for something totally unrelated...? Yep - one VHS tape.....
    I'm having it transferred to DVD - but as we no longer have a video player, I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that my Mum didn't blag the tape without me knowing and I end up with a compendium of episodes of 'Lovejoy' or 'Last of the summer wine'!!!
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

Sure do. Rather good as far as I remember, sound track was pretty good too. I used to watch bits on Youtube, however they seem to have vanished

Cheers

yes i remeber this if you have a look on youtube ive seen bits and peices of it on there

Yeah, it was a great series. Especially remember the one were all the keepers were at a party and drinking Special Brew with whisky chasers!!

I think that it may have been on BBC not channel 4 and that a book on the series was printed too.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Gamekeep...amekeeper+book
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 View Post
    I think that it may have been on BBC not channel 4 and that a book on the series was printed too.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Gamekeep...amekeeper+book
    .....oops, sorry BBC.....
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

Yep i remember it well it was set on the Atholl estate.i enjoyed the series. I think i must have been in my early teens when it was on the tv.

Regards kev
    History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.

Id like to watch it. Sure we could get it on dvd some how

I have a series of vhs tapes of gamekeepers, one was of a woman who if memory serves was very good at her job,
    there were five other tapes i think. It was about 20 years ago they are in the house somewhere all boxed up and in a safe place ,I just need to find that safe place

Quote Originally Posted by merlin View Post
    .....it was a series following a keeper/deerstalker through the course of a year - think his name was Charlie Pirrie (apologies to him/anyone that knows him if I've got that wrong!).

Anyway:at the time, I recorded the entire series on a single VHS cassette (kids - ask your parents what one of those is.....). Over time, with university, marriage, kid, house moves, etc, I forgot about it until recently when summat jogged my memory - but could I find it? Could I buggery....lost in the mists of time. Oh well. Couldn't find it on amazon etc. Oh well.

However- guess what Mrs Merlin found the other day whilst looking for something totally unrelated...? Yep - one VHS tape.....
    I'm having it transferred to DVD - but as we no longer have a video player, I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that my Mum didn't blag the tape without me knowing and I end up with a compendium of episodes of 'Lovejoy' or 'Last of the summer wine'!!!
    I didn't see the series but I do have the book. I met and stalked with Charlie Piries son Mark who is also a keeper/stalker; really nice guy.

I still have a video player and I would be happy to make a small donation for your copy once you have transferred it to dvd?

Glyn