Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wild Devon Red

Wild Devon Red

Shot on Dartmoor. Truly wild Stag, don't see many bigger than this down here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Yup, he's a big boy alright. Any better pictures? That one doesn't really do him justice :-)

Novice

Nice one Disco, what side of the moor?

What a shame, not what you would call a good cull animal. Just before the rut too.

Quote Originally Posted by venery View Post
    What a shame, not what you would call a good cull animal. Just before the rut too.
    Why is it a shame?? Do you not think that a animal of this size will have already passed on his genes??

It's a sad state of affairs we are getting ourselfs into in the southwest with the push for "trophy" animals, there are not many people truly interested in deer management more WALLET management. From what I see in Cornwall there are no real red stags of a mature age left with the exception of deer parks.
    Numbers of reds in Cornwall are dwindling fast and in the next ten years I believe will be almost non existent.is exmoor going the same way?
    Shame such a beast was culled before the rut.

Quote Originally Posted by redlab View Post
    Why is it a shame?? Do you not think that a animal of this size will have already passed on his genes??
    here here, if I didn't shoot animals like that, I'd hardly ever shoot a stag, and do a pitiful job for the landowner I stalk for, magnificent they may be, but sometimes you have to take the opportunities when the present themselves.
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

Very nice brow and bey tines, it would have been nice to let him continue passing that on.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberstag View Post
    Very nice brow and bey tines, it would have been nice to let him continue passing that on.
    If hes a virgin at that age the useless fecker needed the bullet so a great cull animal!!!

Nice animal and we do not know what is around him some times just look and say nice beast well done.
    Last edited by 6pointer; 24-09-2014 at 14:44.