Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wiltshire FLD - excellent service continues

Wiltshire FLD - excellent service continues

Hi All,

Amongst the doom and gloom we read about when it comes to getting a sensible response from FLD's, we should celebrate and recognise those that get it right.

Wiltshire RFD continue to provide me with helpful advice on both my SGC and FAC, turning around variations and renewals within days, rather than the months seen in other force areas.

I get the feeling that it helps if the applicant does his bit as well though, making sure that the forms are filled in correctly and also applying for sensible kit that sits within the regulations that govern what FLD's can authorise, as well as the limitations of the applicant, their experience and the permissions that they have.

Issues with the regulations should be taken up with MP's not with FLD's, but perhaps those FLD's that get it right could be allowed the time and resource to share with others that are clearly struggling.

Wiltshire are to be congratulated on their approach - now let's lobby MP's ahead of the General Election to bring back hunting and legalise pistols again!

Im in suffolk and its been a month to get my variation and renewel through. They cashed the cheque within 3 days of the officer visiting but still nothing back. I wouldnt mind but my sgc runs out in the next week. Soon im going to be illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by dan71 View Post
    Im in suffolk and its been a month to get my variation and renewel through. They cashed the cheque within 3 days of the officer visiting but still nothing back. I wouldnt mind but my sgc runs out in the next week. Soon im going to be illegal.
    No your not because you are going to request a temporary permit. Well you will if you have any sense.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Totally agree with the excellent service and advice provided by Wilshire. You can have a sensible discussion with them and get sensible advice back. The turnaround times are excellent and I wish some others in the South West would take a look at the service standards provided.

This site must use more band width singing the praises of Wiltshire Firearms Department than any other subject.
    I agree wholeheartedly that others could do with copying them and times for turnarounds have been mentioned many times before varying from minutes (in my case) to less than a week.
    If we all kept to the same thread it would be at least ten miles long

Wilts firearms Licencing are the best. Simple as that. Now, if all the others got halfway to the high standards that wilts pride themselves on......
    Sako TRG-42 folder .338LM🔫 Sako TRG-22 .308/.260🔫 Tikka 595 .222(NV'd up) 🔫 AR15 .223/300BLK 🔫Franchi 12g 520 9shot🔫Baikal .410 stealth🔫Ruger #1.243

Home | Varminting UK

leicestershire are just as good gents interviewed ,n sorted less than 2 weeks for co- terminus.think thats how u spell it.

Quote Originally Posted by tozzybum View Post
    leicestershire are just as good gents interviewed ,n sorted less than 2 weeks for co- terminus.think thats how u spell it.
    Now try for a variation for a humane despatch section 5 pistol from a .357 magnum to a 9mm semi auto Wilts did it in 20 minutes
    Geordie

North Yorkshire running at this level. I raise you everyone open FACs.....

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

dont want a pistol ,i like my toes where they are thanks muchly.just google glock leg