Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Labour government will increase shotgun & firearm licence fees

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)

A Labour government will increase shotgun & firearm licence fees

No surprise, of course.

Doesn't get much of a mention, but Yvette Cooper announced at the Labour conference yesterday that the cost of shotgun and firearm licence fees will be raised so that they cover the costs to the police: Labour want to hike gun licence fee to save police officers | Western Morning News

Funny how there was no corresponding pledge to increase the levels of service and bring some consistency to the whole licencing issue. But of course that would require some commitment - not something you find coming from the mouths of any politician.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Quote Originally Posted by willie_gunn View Post
    No surprise, of course.

Funny how there was no corresponding pledge to increase the levels of service and bring some consistency to the whole licencing issue. But of course that would require some commitment - not something you find coming from the mouths of any politician.

the College of Policing has issued an 'Authorized Professional Practice' stating that If Forces do Not follow Home office guidelines they do need to in writing giving reason why they dont :
    The Home Office Guide on Firearms Licensing Law 2013 provides guidance and a single recommended interpretation of the complex legal issues associated with firearms licensing.
    Forces that choose not to align their activities with the Home Office Guide are required to notify the national policing lead of the Firearms and Explosives Licensing Working Group (FELWG) and provide a rationale for their decision.

as well as stating that Efficiency of delivery is important

Priorities

The following points underpin all aspects of firearms licensing:

• protecting public safety by preventing foreseeable or avoidable harm
    • delivering an efficient licensing process that is proportionate, rigorous, cost effective, fair and timely
    • providing a fair and transparent service to the public.

The majority of certificate holders and registered firearms dealers are law-abiding and fully support the requirements for firearms licensing. Forces should, therefore, consider adopting a risk-based approach to aspects of the licensing process to maximise efficiency and effectiveness. Forces must also deliver a quality service through public engagement, and comply with the Human Rights Act 1998 and the Equality Act 2010.

Firearms licensing

may I suggest that if they removed some of the ridiculous rules and streamlined it a little then maybe the fee's would be sufficient as is ?
    Right where's those stones , I'll start !

Quote Originally Posted by tackb View Post
    may I suggest that if they removed some of the ridiculous rules and streamlined it a little then maybe the fee's would be sufficient as is ?
    If they have a bigger budget to work with due to higher revenue then you can guarantee they will think up an even more complicated system!

Quote Originally Posted by PointBlank View Post
    If they have a bigger budget to work with due to higher revenue then you can guarantee they will think up an even more complicated system!
    when will they see that we're not the problem?

Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)
    Does this mean that Labour are going to charge drunks for all the hassle they cause and the NHS can charge them too. After all it is self inflicted as no one is pouring the rubbish down their necks
    “Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”........Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by tackb View Post
    may I suggest that if they stop making up their own ridiculous rules and streamlined it a little then maybe the fee's would be sufficient as is ?
    fixed that for you

it was ok the way it was but your version works to

they can also save money by paying FULL PRICE in the house of commons bars and eateries ,abolish second home payments and expenses for M.P,s.they wanted the place at the trough why should we pay for their toilet rolls and cornflakes.and only 300 politicians look after 350 million americans so why 650 M.P,s.does Derby need 3 .does leicester need 3 NO we dont.abolish the welsh n scottish palaces .westminsters a big place all the pigs can share the trough .sell the buildings and repay some of the national debt.if u get a job your boss doesnt buy your t,v and bed etc so why do M.P,s expect all to be paid for.billions saved at the stroke of a pen.and it is billions

Quote Originally Posted by PointBlank View Post
    this is ultimately the problem as once given a budget, they will spend the entire money.