Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which New Chambering Will Survive ?

Which New Chambering Will Survive ?

Because I am on holiday and bored I got to thinking......I shoot .22,.222,.243,.270&30.06 all have been around 50 years at least, we now seem to be getting new calibre's every 6 months, so the question is which of the new wave will survive the next 50 years ?

The 4.5mm-06 SSM Vaporizer, wot I just invented.

Quote Originally Posted by Pine Marten View Post
    The 4.5mm-06 SSM Vaporizer, wot I just invented.
    Hopefully you should have it built by January and we can zero and then rebuilt it in the shoot lunch break

Simples:

“250 KLENCHBLAIZE”

K

Quote Originally Posted by unicorn71 View Post
    Hopefully you should have it built by January and we can zero and then rebuilt it in the shoot lunch break
    I'll see what I can do! It's a great round, really. The 4.5mm bonded core hollowpoint minibullet pushed along at circa 6700fps makes for a very flatshooting rifle with extraordinary recoil, breach pressures and blinding muzzleflash. It is so fast that it will kill a pheasant cleanly before it's even taken off at 3000m without damaging the meat as it drills straight through the bird without even expanding. On larger game such as deer, it explodes on impact, blowing the animal's legs clean off so that there's no need to look for it with a dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Pine Marten View Post
    I'll see what I can do! It's a great round, really. The 4.5mm bonded core hollowpoint minibullet pushed along at circa 6700fps makes for a very flatshooting rifle with extraordinary recoil, breach pressures and blinding muzzleflash. It is so fast that it will kill a pheasant cleanly before it's even taken off at 3000m without damaging the meat as it drills straight through the bird without even expanding. On larger game such as deer, it explodes on impact, blowing the animal's legs clean off so that there's no need to look for it with a dog.
    My Brother's ex girlfriend's, cousins karate teacher told me that his Father stocked up a .
    223 and broke the 7000fps mark. Good for 1000 yard rabbits apparently

There isn't half some pish spoken when it comes to reloading. . I've heard a few tall tails

The 22 Eargerspliittenloudenboomer of Ackley fame. I hear it's going to be a factory cartridge soon.~Muir

Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    The 22 Eargerspliittenloudenboomer of Ackley fame. I hear it's going to be a factory cartridge soon.~Muir
    Or it's bigger 'little' brother the '17 Incinerator' (17-50BMG)

Attachment 47269

Another version with steeper shoulder angle.

Attachment 47271

Probably easier to get a chambering in either of those compared to the 40mm wildcats!

Attachment 47272
    Last edited by Orion; 25-09-2014 at 09:10.

My reckoning

22rf - because it works so well and does the job
    223 - military, but also does the job
    243 - very widespread and does double duty for vermin and small deer exceptionally well, and more than enough large deer and other animals have been shot with it to show that it does work.
    308 win - military calibre, and does everything that is above 243 in the real world.
    300 win mag - long range and bigger bullet for large plains game - also a military calibre.
    7mm Rem Mag - does everything the 308 and 300 win mag do but for territories that don't allow military calibres. But could well be a place for the 270
    9.3x62 - cause it works so well
    375 H&H - big stuff
    458 win /Lott - for even bigger stuff