Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: silly cheap tweeds

silly cheap tweeds

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Handmade-b...item1c46664f35

hand made quality tweeds, sitting at £26 at the moment go on have a punt!
    “There's a lot of things blamed on me that never happened. But then, there's a lot of things that I did that I never got caught at.”
    Johnny Cash

"...and is of a very distinctive pattern"

Roger that!
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Maybe suited to those of an "outgoing" personality?
    “There's a lot of things blamed on me that never happened. But then, there's a lot of things that I did that I never got caught at.”
    Johnny Cash

ie Jonathan Woss...
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Reminds me of Lord Rootes keepers tweeds. They were a black check.

.....is Ted Bovis giving up shooting then??
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

I'm thinking too Jimbo that they will be from some of the estates in the north. They had suits like that for the rocky ground they were on. Can't remember just where though, annoyingly. I see the seller lives in Duns. Cheap suit.

Quote Originally Posted by goathunter1 View Post
    I'm thinking too Jimbo that they will be from some of the estates in the north. They had suits like that for the rocky ground they were on. Can't remember just where though, annoyingly. I see the seller lives in Duns. Cheap suit.
    I was going to tell you where they came from but now I see it could have some miles as a guessing game! But your not far of with the northern connection
    Johnny Cash

Jammie, there was a lad at Grantown on Spey had a similar suit but I think the check was bigger. It's quite amazing though how those estate tweeds can work so well and yet, out of context, they do seem very strange. I was stalking with a lad one day and the new estate tweeds had just arrived. I thought he looked like Rupert the Bear until he told me to wait a minute whilst he went along and looked over and down a hill. Within 100 yards he had disappeared. Very clever colouring for his hill.