hornady hand priming tool denting primers

pete evans

I have a hornady hand primer and it leaves a very shallow dent in the primer. Ignored this but last time I was reloading one went boom. No damage but would rather it didnt happen again. Have checked all components and as far as I can tell Im using it as instructed. Wonder if anyone else has had this issue?

2p
worth any pix pete i had this on my lee and dillon , i found a half moon bit of brass from a primer pocket in the primmer well putting a dent on the edge of the primers.

Don't know the hornady primer but in the RCBS the rod which pushes the primer up has a flat surface on one end and a convex on the other. If it is the same with the Hornady could you have the push rod the wrong way round?

BE

Don't know the hornady primer but in the RCBS the rod which pushes the primer up has a flat surface on one end and a convex on the other. If it is the same with the Hornady could you have the push rod the wrong way round?

BE

Only fits one way up

How hard are you pressing lads!!! You don't have to close the press altogether. If your using both hands that's too much

Back