Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Night Master - Anyone else disappointed

Night Master - Anyone else disappointed

After all the hype about Night master Products I bought the new venom strike at the MGF four use on my air rifles and rimfires and was real excited............

Untill I got it home and put it along side a 30 jobbie i got off the online auction site, the Night Master could only just compete. I know its not the NM800 but I was expecting far more after the hype and price tag.

I like the dimming and focus features I guess but the on off button seems stiff !

Anyone else been dissapointed by this brand?

ATB

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by salopsniper View Post
    After all the hype about Night master Products I bought the new venom strike at the MGF four use on my air rifles and rimfires and was real excited............

Untill I got it home and put it along side a 30 jobbie i got off the online auction site, the Night Master could only just compete. I know its not the NM800 but I was expecting far more after the hype and price tag.

I like the dimming and focus features I guess but the on off button seems stiff !

ATB

Matt
    I would email or ring or both and send it back it my be faulty and if your not satisfied ask for your money back

I've got a NM800, which I bought after doing a lot of research. Two guys I shoot with have the cheaper copies which they paid between 30 and 50 for. There's no comparison, the NM800 on the medium setting is stil brighter.... Sorry if this doesn't quite solve your issue.

I dont own the venom but I do have 2 x NM800 and 2 x T20 . I have used one of the NM800 at least twice a week for the past 4-5yrs and it hasn't missed a beat even with my robust handling

So as to your question am I disappointed with the brand ......No

Quote Originally Posted by Scrooloose View Post
    I've got a NM800, which I bought after doing a lot of research. Two guys I shoot with have the cheaper copies which they paid between 30 and 50 for. There's no comparison, the NM800 on the medium setting is stil brighter.... Sorry if this doesn't quite solve your issue.

if it the T20 then yes the NM800 will be brighter all the components are usually the same ie same Drivers and Bulbs (IR 850nm are olson Blacks in both ) but he NM800 has a bigger Aspheric lens so will throw further (T20 38mm NM800 i think is 50mm )

put a bigger lens on the T20 it catches up etc

cheapest upgrade is approx 15 for a camera x2 telephoto lens and adaptor

you can even get huge 76mm lenses
    66mm is a common long range lens on a T20

the new ones are coming in with 3 lens sizes as std soon from the factory

I have an NM Venom Strike, I bought it to use on my N750/HMR, it is only rated for rimfire ranges and in use it is no more than OK. I used it to replace a T20 as I found that it kept getting knocked out of focus as the threads in the head were quite loose, the performance is about the same.

I choose one because of the variable dimmer which does work well and the on/off switch does loosen up with a bit of use.

You will also be able to use the dimming tailcap in an NM800 when they release a new pill for it.

Quote Originally Posted by salopsniper View Post

ATB

Matt

The NM 800 Red LED is the best torch I have ever used as a rifle-mounted lamp for rabbiting/foxing and it is also very useful for spotting and to ID deer, for example those last 20 min of legal time when it is almost completely dark and you see a shadow with legs but can't quite work out what it is. It is possible to fucus the beam very tightly, spotting eyes and shapes up to say 400-500 yards on a clear night, or to turn it back so it lights up a wider area (useful range up to 100 yards) for more peripheral vision.
    From a structural point of view the torch is not well built and as competitors are entering the same market prices will be forced down. A good alternative to the NM800 is the Clulite Red Eye at 72, structural on par with the NM but not quite as good on the tight beam. Go for the Clulite if you will only use if for rabbits/rimfire, and go for the NM if you are into longer-range foxing. And keep an eye on the market for competitors entering.
    • Do not be seduced by the marketing-men....

Got the NM800, its the best i've used. If your not happy with your venom i would send it back. Tony is easy to deal with

Al

The wolf eyes seal is an excellent torch.

95 from aliexpress . Comes with two lenses the huge aspheric and a standard lens. Also pro cap which adjusts power 10000% better than any dereelight . The spot to flood head is very smooth. As is everything else. It makes the night master look like a kids knocked it up, even the inner tube is brass coated to reduce heat and increase conduction.

Professional Flashlight Wolf eyes Seal Lens 1210Lm Cree L2 Chip 6 Modes Long Beam Range Lantern IPX8 Waterproof + 2 x Reflector-in LED Flashlights from Lights Lighting on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Seriously the build on this is much better and you don't need two tubes for full power, like nightmasters. Oh ands it's half the price of a nightmaster x searcher, your cutting out the massive middle man markup.

Other pills can can be ordered through wolf light. IR, red , etc

Only negative , the xsearcher has got a slightly tighter beam.
    Last edited by .243Hunter; 27-09-2014 at 23:57.

Quote Originally Posted by .243Hunter View Post

Only negative , the Xsearcher has got a slightly tighter beam.
    Looks nice but the one negative I see for your Wolf eyes is it has to go back to the US if it breaks

Less than 48 hour wait and a fiver postage when mine had issues with Tony at Taclight, it's not all about which is cheapest.
    Last edited by Mutley; 28-09-2014 at 09:11.