stuck case issue

James Todd

Hi all ...sorry if i am missing the obvious but ....reloading with a lee handpress for the first time using dies set from a lee bench press ....first case was tight but did extract ...second case however has got stuck in the barrel and the bolt has jumped the rim :( i imagine i can get it out by tapping it out with a cleaning rod but why has it happened ...resized rounds have always been a bit tight but not to this extent !! Anyone reloading in the east leeds area ?!?!...cheers

Simply sounds like you are not fully resizing your cases James. Go back to the start and set up your dies as the instructions say.
When you say resized rounds have always been tight how have you been resizing your cases before?
Also you say that the extractor has overridden the rim of a case and that you could probably get it out with a tap from the cleaning rod, haven't you done this already? You haven't just left the stuck case in the rifle have you?

+1
short stroking the down on the press or die not set up.

Simply sounds like you are not fully resizing your cases James. Go back to the start and set up your dies as the instructions say.
When you say resized rounds have always been tight how have you been resizing your cases before?
Also you say that the extractor has overridden the rim of a case and that you could probably get it out with a tap from the cleaning rod, haven't you done this already? You haven't just left the stuck case in the rifle have you?

Back