Thread: Which Ir Flashlight?

Which Ir Flashlight?

I just bought the new Photon Xt night vision scope, never used any sorts of night vision before. But everyone says I need to buy an external ir source, but what should I buy? I`m hopelessly green on this subject. Max range 200 metres I can possibly need, will be for the most part be used for wild boar.

Not sure if the new photon xt is the same as the older model as it says the ir is slightly different - anyway on the older model i settled on the pulsar x850, tried the t20 and didnt like it, tried the nm800 and found it a bit overpowering for the photon whiting everything out and i also tried the nm400 which was also very good, would say it was on par with the x850 but i just thought the x850 looked a bit better when in situ so went for that.

The x850 is also fully adjustable in power and position all within the same unit, without additional mounts etc like some others need

Quote Originally Posted by geoffrey View Post
    x2

The three modes means it doesn't wash out the senor in brighter conditions as you can reduce the torch output

Well a night master nm800 is good but expensive and it has the 3 mode switch.
    if you go on the nightvision forum you can talk to mark610 or sika stag who both supply good products and they should both get you out to 200 yards.

There might even be a video on you tube showing it.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

I have a "Dragon" searchlight which I fit an IR filter on.
    This is the same item the Police have and the railways use for tunnel searches etc
    Worn on a sling over the shoulder it hangs at waist level and illuminates a wide area. With IR light

Thanks for tips, I will have a look at the units you have mentioned. May be some more questions coming though.

Quote Originally Posted by The Singing Stalker View Post
    Well a night master nm800 is good but expensive and it has the 3 mode switch.
    if you go on the nightvision forum you can talk to mark610 or sika stag who both supply good products and they should both get you out to 200 yards.

There might even be a video on you tube showing it.
    +1 with singing stalker RE sika stag, he has a facebook website called IR lightbuilds where you can order via pay pal. Very good guy to deal with. The t20 will easily do you out to 200m or if you want something more beefy he does a t20 with a large aspheric collimator head on it for less than 100