Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Loose baffle. Atec Maxim

Loose baffle. Atec Maxim

As above. End segment has a rattle even though it is all done up tight. Anyone else had this problem?

Feeling it may be stainless baffle insert I've heard they can somtimes work loose must admit never noticed it on mine

yep had exactly that. however seems to have vanished now. didn't notice anything odd about the accuracy etc.
    Big bloke... but outta shape

Quote Originally Posted by Ade C View Post
    yep had exactly that. however seems to have vanished now. didn't notice anything odd about the accuracy etc.
    The same it rattled for awhile with no adverse effects and has now stopped probably due to the little xtra soot from use, don't worry just shoot it and forget it also I never strip clean it inside just take it off after shooting I really like this mod.

I have two and have not had any rattles, also the last one I bought came with a sticker from Jacksons advising that they should not be taken apart other than by a 'qualified' person.
    I thought being the owner qualified me to take it apart if I wanted to

Not sure I want any of my stalking gear to rattle! Can't be any good for a baffle in a moderator to be loose when firing even if there is no noticeable difference to the shooting results. Only me speculating but if the baffle is at the rear of the gap when firing and is forced to the front under immense pressure and this is repeated every time you fire I am sure it would be having a negative effect on the integrity of the mod.

I had the same problem it just needs tightening,the only difficult bit is finding a 9mm allen key.

If any of mine rattled and I couldn't fix it, then I would take advice from Jacksons.
    I'm sure they would advise sending it back to them, you may even get a complete re-furb or if you catch Peter on a good day, a complete new replacement.
    Jacksons are very good on warranty back-up.

SD Regular
    I had this problem. It stems from the end cap in the last (front) baffle section not tightening down enough. For the 30cal you need a 9mm allen key. I took it off and cleaned the threads, greased and tightened down and not had a drama since.

Hope this helps

E t R
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........