Thread: Thomas Jacks at Blue Fox Glade demo last night

Thomas Jacks at Blue Fox Glade demo last night

I called into BFG last night firstly to pick up reloading supplies, shot gun cartridges and to see tne NV demo by Thomas Jacks. I have had access to a Pulsar HD38S and a drone pro for nearly 10 months or so and actually shot my first ever fox under total NV on Tuesday we saw 5 and shot 3x3.

Anyway was very impressed with what I saw last night the new Pulsar Thermal scope is just awesome, were were watching rabbits at 140 yds with ease and a cows/sheep were well visible at approx 1,000 yds.

Also looked through the Pulsar version of the Drone pro. It is also excellent and has a built in Laser rangefinder to 400 m and IR illuminator and just under 2k is a very good piece of kit. Unfortunately I had to leave early but I expect the remaining crowd must have been very impressed.

Big thanks to James and his staff and TJ for putting on a very good demo with lots of kit.

I also managed to buy something rarer than Rocking Horse .... last night so reloading with favourite load can continue for a long while.

V V happy

D

D'oh - I was there in the afternoon, and again as it got dark, but still managed to miss you!

Like you, I thought the laser weapon sight was excellent - but as it's still limited to x4 mag (totally insufficient for the job), I don't think it's yet reached the status of being a foxing tool. If they ever manage a x6 version, it'll be great - but you'll still need to use NV to get proper target recognition. I've had collies run in to the caller before now, and through a thermal you can't tell whether you're looking at a fox or a dog. When I mentioned this, the chap from TJ said that I needed to improve my target recognition skills. As I probably use a thermal more in a week than their people use in a year, I think it's best that I ignore that one...

SD Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy_SP View Post
    D'oh - I was there in the afternoon, and again as it got dark, but still managed to miss you!

Like you, I thought the laser weapon sight was excellent - but as it's still limited to x4 mag (totally insufficient for the job), I don't think it's yet reached the status of being a foxing tool. If they ever manage a x6 version, it'll be great - but you'll still need to use NV to get proper target recognition. I've had collies run in to the caller before now, and through a thermal you can't tell whether you're looking at a fox or a dog. When I mentioned this, the chap from TJ said that I needed to improve my target recognition skills. As I probably use a thermal more in a week than their people use in a year, I think it's best that I ignore that one...
    LMAO Paddy - these sales guys.....!!
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Agree that is the advantage of the digital you get more of a detailed picture, however the 3 or so bunnies in front of the barn were clearly visible with the Thermal scope but invisible on the digital.

Having had 10+ months practice with the thermal I think ID is good as long as the object is moving bit more difficult if it is still or lying down (hence stalked horse dung in the early days!) we dont tend to call so not much of an issue more likely in our case to be a long dog.

All the same it was a good evening but as normal a visit to BFG comes with finacial loss on my part but at least James has the things in stock.

D

Quote Originally Posted by Cyres View Post
    ...at least James has the things in stock.

D
    Agreed - and he smiles at his customers, unlike the staff at almost every other gun shop for miles around here...