Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can you help?

Can you help?

Below is a copy of a request we received from an undergraduate at Cambridge. You could view it as an opportunity to help spread the word that we are not lunatics.

John

Dear Stalking Directory,

To introduce myself I am an undergraduate studying Geography at the University of Cambridge. I am conducting research for my final year dissertation on the motivations of deer stalkers (full summary below) and am writing to see if yourselves and the members of the Stalking Directory could offer some assistance.

More specifically I have created a questionnaire accessible via the link below and was wondering if you might be able to forward the link to your members in the hope that as many as possible will fill it in. It is relatively short and should take no less more than 15 minutes to fill in. If you can't send it out yourselves which forum would you suggest is best for posting it?

The link is:
    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1TpR...mail_form_link

I am more than happy to answer any questions you have and any assistance you can offer will be greatly appreciated!

Best Wishes,

Simon Armstrong
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Based on direct first hand experience of Cambridge Geography students, I'm going to hazard a guess that he is likely to already be on 'our side'.
    Last edited by Mungo; 26-09-2014 at 17:06.

Soon as it asked about academic qualifications I decided its not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by 6pointer View Post
    That just goes and skews the data. Imagine if only highly qualified recreational stalkers filled in the survey and it gets published. Turns out people are all willing to pay lots of money and just want to shoot big stags....

It's no different to asking if you are male or female.

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

Quote Originally Posted by 6pointer View Post
    Why?

filled it in ,no harm done .i aint no rocket scientist so what.my job pays for my hobbies and i enjoy deerstalking no ones bothered wot i got a Phd or Pmt

Done. If it helps to normalise what we do and shake any perception amongst the public that we are all blood-soaked gun toting desperadoes roaming the countryside just looking for something to kill, then I'll regard that as 5 minutes well spent.

Merlin
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

Done and I was glad to help.
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

Quote Originally Posted by Mungo View Post
    Based on direct first hand experience of Cambridge Geography students, I'm going to hazard a guess that he is likely to already be on 'our side'.
    Because I have not got anything on the list I was to busy getting blood on my elbow,s