Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sling swivels for smaller diameter studs.

Sling swivels for smaller diameter studs.

I need some quick release sling swivels to fit a smaller stud hole on a Mauser M03. Having done a quick search it looks like the fixed sling swivels on the blaser pose a similar problem once removed. Has anyone found a solution?

Drill the stud holes out to fit normal sling swivels. They're only mild steel.

Ian

On a 3000 rifle!? I have done it several times on cheaper used rifles but I'm not about to take a drill to this one.

.. I should say there is a difference in the width of the stud as well. 0.23" compared to 0.3" for a regular sling swivel stud. This pin on the sling swivel would have to measure 0.1" compared to 0.13" for a regular size pin.

I bet you can buy a set of Mauser/Blaser specific swivels, shouldn't run to more than a couple of hundred quid!

Hi Tackleberry,

I had the same problem. Similarly, I didn't fancy taking a drill to them! I ended up buying a Blaser sling, after shopping around it was not too expensive.

Regards

Alex

Ok I can accept that you may not wish to drill out the studs - Sooooo why not swap the studs? It ain't difficult to do a tidy, strong job that won't spoil your investment.

Ian

The stud in the forend is sunk into the stock in a way that doesn't lend itself to a DIY replacement but I want to continue to use the original.

Quote Originally Posted by Glyn 1 View Post
    I bet you can buy a set of Mauser/Blaser specific swivels, shouldn't run to more than a couple of hundred quid!
    Yes you can, I got a Blaser leather sling complete with swivels for 20 new.....but I did buy a new rifle with it!

atb Tim

Alan Rhone is the man, not only does/did he have some they do not cost the earth.