Thread: Bisley at Braidwood pipe range

Bisley at Braidwood pipe range

I rang Bisley at Braidwood today & was informed that only this morning the new pipe range had passed its last planning examination & should be open shortly. All that has to happen now is to install the target system. Looking forward to using it & if anyone wants to share a midweek session count me in.

Heard that a year ago ('should be open shortly')................not having a pop at you but they are so sloooooow........I live 5 miles away and could do with it up and running.

Did they mention what the charges were going to be and how session timings would work?

Hopefully its not going to be fmj only as per the Morton range?

Would be happy to share a session on it once it is finally up and running - everytime I visit to shoot clays it seems to have folk working on it, but for the life of me I can't work out what they have been doing! It had better be very fancy!

Cheers,

hh

I'm planning on booking a decent amount of time at the Braidwood pipe range on Friday the 16th, if anyone's interested. There's obviously a fair bit of downtime whilst rifles cools so if anyone wants to take share this we can shoot during each other's downtime.

The purpose of my visit is to assess whether or not I can swap between mod & unmod & if the scope will return to zero ok and also to see if there's a significant group size difference.

I will also be testing a pile of 100g 243 ammo & will have RWS, Norma & Sako with me, plus Fed 80's which my rifle likes.

Drop me a private message if this of use to nay of you.

Quote Originally Posted by McKenzie View Post
    I'm planning on booking a decent amount of time at the Braidwood pipe range on Friday the 16th, if anyone's interested. There's obviously a fair bit of downtime whilst rifles cools so if anyone wants to take share this we can shoot during each other's downtime.

The purpose of my visit is to assess whether or not I can swap between mod & unmod & if the scope will return to zero ok and also to see if there's a significant group size difference.

I will also be testing a pile of 100g 243 ammo & will have RWS, Norma & Sako with me, plus Fed 80's which my rifle likes.

Drop me a private message if this of use to nay of you.

John,

The range at Morton is now open for business . 5 lanes , 100yds at 25 per hour. Couple of lads on this foram were their early this week. Pm if you want there numbers.

Mark
    Do you know what nemesis means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent, personified in this case by a 'orrible c@#t, me.

Expanding ammo can be used at Morton for zeroing purposes.

See post #18 on...

Morton rifle range
    "Don't say I didnae warn ye !"

So they are both open?!

nice

Isn't it!

Thanks for the info about Morton but I pass Braidwood regularly or can easily combine it with a stalking or shooting trip which makes it a bit easier.

I look forward to trying them both though.