what do you take stalking

Hi Russ..

I still carry the same kit in a webbing belt that i turned out in for my level 2.. which i have to say with most of the lads i have stalked with dont bother..

As mentioned already..

Cleaning kit/Pull through,first field dressing/ first aid kit,head torch, gel handwash, tissue pack, water bottle, camera,gloves,pull saw, knife, spare knife, disease id cards,

I guess if your happy to tab up the hills with it then its down to personal preferance..

ATB

Terry

think ill be digging out my old webbing good idea

Rifle, ammunition, 3x knives, sticks,binos,hoist,gambel,camera,coffee,small flask of hot water,1ltr plastic bottle cold water, anticeptic wipes, small food container for hand+knife washing and something to keep my **** warm in a high seat.
Trouble is 9 times out of 10 one or more of these items will be forgotten. The joys of getting older!!!

John.

First pic is all required on the Arran & now defunct Galloway schemes,
DSCF3316.jpg
, second is first aid without first field dressing,
DSCF3317.jpg
, for scale,
DSCF3318.jpg

finnbear

I might be thick (shut up everyone ;)) but is it field dressings in the plastic box? If so, what combination?

It looks like it's one of those boxes business cards come in, would I be right?

willie_gunn

Willie, the first field dressing is in the Molle pouch on the right, if I want to take the dressing I stick it in my thigh pocket in a sandwich bag / ziplock thingy, the business card box will contain 1 razor blade, safety pins , plasters, surgical tape, super glue etc, etc.:)

gun 30rounds bag contents knife drag rope torch/two head and hand. bottle of water salami sticks baby wipes compass knifesharpner first aid kit antiinvenomaton kit lots of snakes in scotland adders pullthro mige net fags spare ligter black bags spare batteres deer call fox call night vision scope so i can go from day night shooting ir iluminators allen keys gloves hat snood no wonder im knakered by the time i get home and thats not inkluding the deer and a 18pound gun scope etc

gun 30rounds bag contents knife drag rope torch/two head and hand. bottle of water salami sticks baby wipes compass knifesharpner first aid kit antiinvenomaton kit lots of snakes in scotland adders pullthro mige net fags spare ligter black bags spare batteres deer call fox call night vision scope so i can go from day night shooting ir iluminators allen keys gloves hat snood no wonder im knakered by the time i get home and thats not inkluding the deer and a 18pound gun scope etc
i think you forgot the mule train

the business card box will contain 1 razor blade, ..... etc, etc.:)

Help me with the explanation for the razor blade then? I carry three knives, so I'm trying to work out how I justify a razor blade as well? I'm sure it's not for an early morning shave so you look good in the photos ;)

I was tempted to ask if a Gillette Contour blade or an electric razor would do? I bet Health & Safety would prefer it :D

willie_gunn

Well I can onlt say there are a lot of lucky stalkers here. Me first item has to be a wad of cash. I could turn up in my birthday suit with an old spud gun but I would still need a wad of cash. Oh how the other threequarters live.
Jim

Just in case the first aid kit & the wearer of it get separated from everything else, you still have a cutting instrument that weighs practically nothing, unlike say scissors in the usual kits.

Back