Thread: Which thread RCBS locking ring?

Which thread RCBS locking ring?

The grub screws on my dies are a bit rounded off so I'd like to replace them. It's the round locking rings rather than the hex.
    Does anyone know which thread they are please as I don't have a thread gauge or any similar grub screws?
    Cheers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411849186.283196.jpg  

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Quote Originally Posted by phitt View Post
    The grub screws on my dies are a bit rounded off so I'd like to replace them. It's the round locking rings rather than the hex.
    Does anyone know which thread they are please as I don't have a thread gauge or any similar grub screws?
    Cheers
    contac RCBS with the part number of your dies (on the box) and they well send you some FOC.

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

I'm sure that these are split-ring Lyman rather than RCBS lock rings. The RCBS type are inferior as they chew up the die 7/8"-14 thread.

Are they secondhand perhaps, as it's quite common for sellers to switch them?

These grub screws are probably purpose-made in an imperial size/pitch thread. If you can't find replacements Lee lock rings do as good a job, and are easy to find.
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.

Ahh....that makes sense. Yes, just bought them 2nd hand. Was never keen on the RCBS locking directly onto the thread. Thanks for the info.

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    i think RCBS use a lead ball in the end of the thread now,

never had a problem with my locking rings and i have been using rcbs dies for the past 15 years,

mind you im not that mad at going over board when tightening them up.

regards

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube