Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Walkie Talkies

Walkie Talkies

Bit random here, but we are going to get some walkie talkies for our pheasant shoot, can anyone reccomend a half decent make and model number to avoid us wasting money on something that is no good.
    Brian

All the quarries I have worked in use HYT stuff, it's that good the two I have were the only really usable radios into the butts at Altcar, they have outlasted their listed batteries.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

At the quarry I work we use Motorola but I've bought a set of a Entel for stalking. You can turn all the beeps off which is ideal.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!
    Another 7mm08 shooter!

The cheap and cheerful off eBay are fine for our shoot 30 a pair generally last a fair few yrs we use them at work too every day don't go to the expense of 100s as they get lost and muddy and wet and taken home .
    norma

We use Yaesu VX which are waterproof and can be used for CB and light Ham receptions. Silent earpieces and mike extensions keep things quiet.

Hi I have tried many of the prm radios available but these chinese radios beat the lot,
    UV-5R BAOFENG Dual Band UHF/VHF Radio dual display

You can find these on ebay for about 45 for two.

Although these are classed as Amature radio transceivers they can be programmed on many frequencies both PMR Marine, etc, they are fantastic value for money, Clear reception, extended range, Good Battery life, the only down side is they are a little difficult to program but you can buy software on line to make which makes it easy, i highly recommend these

Cheers Geoff

Lidl were selling two way radios a couple of weeks ago under 30 I think, seemed reasonable, toyed with buying a pair.

D

Quote Originally Posted by cumbrian View Post
    Bit random here, but we are going to get some walkie talkies for our pheasant shoot, can anyone reccomend a half decent make and model number to avoid us wasting money on something that is no good.
    Brian
    Motorola gp300 seris in favt am planning on selling mine

Quote Originally Posted by geoffrey View Post
    Hi I have tried many of the prm radios available but these chinese radios beat the lot,
    UV-5R BAOFENG Dual Band UHF/VHF Radio dual display

You can find these on ebay for about 45 for two.

Although these are classed as Amature radio transceivers they can be programmed on many frequencies both PMR Marine, etc, they are fantastic value for money, Clear reception, extended range, Good Battery life, the only down side is they are a little difficult to program but you can buy software on line to make which makes it easy, i highly recommend these

Cheers Geoff
    you are infact breaking the law if you use one of the UV-5R BAOFENG Dual Band UHF/VHF Radio dual display or any other radio that you program with the PMR frequencies unless the radio is capable of having the transmit power turned down to 500mw of power.

it is is also illegle to listen to any transmission of any type without permission.