Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inverness

Inverness

Morning all,off to inverness next weekend for my first shooting trip to Scotland and counting the days down!
    Anyone know if the red/sika have started rutting yet.Have been told the scenary is stunning so really looking forward to it,got a nice b&b on Loch Ness.Do I have to have Nessie conditioned on my ticket or is it ok under aolq.
    Cheers all
    dave

Plonker ,Steer clear of Nessie during the rut. She can be a bit crabbit ,plus youll get soaked. Good luck with your stalk.john

SD Regular
    I'd stay well clear of Mcleod's of Tain. The man there Gregor is a wicked man and sells quality shooting equipment...especially used optics...at prices and a quality that will see you parting with money to him!

I have bought stuff from him over many, many, years but never been to the store. Always mail order. I fear to think what injury my bank balance might suffer if I ever went to the place!

Quote Originally Posted by enfieldspares View Post
    I'd stay well clear of Mcleod's of Tain. The man there Gregor is a wicked man and sells quality shooting equipment...especially used optics...at prices and a quality that will see you parting with money to him!
    It's weird. Looks like a hardware shop. Few gun bits in the middle. You stand there wondering what all the fuss is about, chat to one of the blokes. Then they open the doors into the emporium.......

Worth a trip

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

Give my regards to Howard Dave and be prepared to walk a lot

Was up yesterday with mereside the stags were moving about with hinds but the rut is just starting .Next weekend should be perfect

Quote Originally Posted by ELMER FUDD View Post
    Give my regards to Howard Dave and be prepared to walk a lot

I will, really excited,in fact not been this excited for years.Done the wife's head in I think.
    Just hope to see plenty of deer and get one.
    dave

Quote Originally Posted by 6pointer View Post
    Was up yesterday with mereside the stags were moving about with hinds but the rut is just starting .Next weekend should be perfect
    Oooooooo I hope so!
    dave

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    It's weird. Looks like a hardware shop. Few gun bits in the middle. You stand there wondering what all the fuss is about, chat to one of the blokes. Then they open the doors into the emporium.......

Worth a trip
    better not go there,already spent more than I should this year!!!!
    dave

Quote Originally Posted by plonker View Post
    I will, really excited,in fact not been this excited for years.Done the wife's head in I think.
    Just hope to see plenty of deer and get one.
    dave
    I think you will get more than 1, there are plenty up there. Don't forget to take some pics

Barry