gloves

Russ, whatever glove you decide on, get more than one pair & keep a spare pair inside your top layer!, me, I have some of those green leather "butter softs" issued to the german police, great even when wet, but I still carry two pairs, the Seeland peach type fabric are really good too, some of the cheaper deerhunters are ok as well. Steve.

Russ

Are you talking 'cold weather' or 'regular'?

Personally I always stalk in camoskinz gloves: http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0047721960383a&type=product&cmCat=SEARCH_all&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&Ntt=camoskinz&Ntk=Products&sort=all&N=0&Nty=1&hasJS=true&_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&_DARGS=%2Fcabelas%2Fen%2Fcommon%2Fsearch%2Fsearch-box.jsp.form1

This time of year I put a pair of dark green, fingerless, wool mittens over the top.

When it's brass monkeys and I'm in a high seat I use a pair of the MOD DPM, fleece lined, cold weather mittens.

willie_gunn

Russ

Are you talking 'cold weather' or 'regular'?

Personally I always stalk in camoskinz gloves: http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...cabelas/en/common/search/search-box.jsp.form1

This time of year I put a pair of dark green, fingerless, wool mittens over the top.

When it's brass monkeys and I'm in a high seat I use a pair of the MOD DPM, fleece lined, cold weather mittens.

willie_gunn

Hi Russ - I use the Cabelas gloves as well, especially for foxing; warm and windproof, and not so thick that you can't fel what you're doing in 'em!:D The only downside is that once they're on, you're better keeping them on - swines to try and get back on if you're hands are even SLIGHTLY damp :rolleyes:; also, careful taking them off, as if you get them inside out, the inner is a sod to try and re-position. Take them off by the fingertips (In an 'I say, Mr Darcy' stylee :lol:)

I've also got some Macwets that I wear for gameshooting, and they will fit under a pair of thinsulate-lined fingerless gloves with the foldback mitteny bit for when the mercury drops that bit further.

Russ, whatever glove you decide on, get more than one pair & keep a spare pair inside your top layer!, me, I have some of those green leather "butter softs" issued to the german police, great even when wet, but I still carry two pairs, the Seeland peach type fabric are really good too, some of the cheaper deerhunters are ok as well. Steve.

Steve

Where do you get hold of these?

macwets were meant to be very good......

Ive got about 8 pairs of gloves.............my hands are a right pain when they get cold thanks to the army not allowing us to wear gloves in cold weather......my hands cramp up stupidly.........

most gloves have been crap.................................I also scuba dive...................and havefound that even 8mm of neoprene will still cause my hands to have problems..........and try pulling a trigger in 8mm of neo.

Main things. try a hand warmer.................

get a glove that gives resistance to wind, and wet if possible...........i found storm cloth quite good.......

Also using a set of 5.11 tactical gloves quite good........even when wet,,,,,,,but I wouldnt pull a trigger whilst wearing them.....

give me a nice warm mit,,,,,,,,,,,,,with a single trigger finger that was silk smooth............and I would buy em.

Le Chameau windstopper mitts, fold back to expose the fingers I really like them ,stay away from anything neoprene.

I like the MacWets - brilliant when dry, but like Lancs Lad says not so good when wet.
If you can get MOD surplus pilots gloves with the silk inners they are very good for cold weather work.
I've yet to find sensitive working gloves that remain up to the job when soaked - I tried neoprene & hated them. Still looking ...

Merlin, try firing a stich of thread through the ends of the fingers of your gloves, that should stop the liner from coming out backwards when pulling off damp gloves.

finnbear270 - you can also stitch a length of string from the cuff of one glove to the cuff of the other, the string being long enough to run through the sleeves of your jacket, saves you losing a glove when out stalking.......ooops, sorry, flashback to primary school there...:D ;)

I have had a pair of Seal Skin shooting gloves for over a year now and they are still very warm and water proof they have soft leather palms for grip and a good trigger finger slit. they are £40 and i would not use anything else now.

Regards

Back