Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Here we go again

Here we go again

Had a phone call this morning from a farmer on one of my shoots who informed me that someone is after the stalking and is willing to pay more than I am paying whatever the price is, farmer tells him that the sporting rights have already been let and who to and he replied that he knows me.

It can't be the same person as last time as he no longer walks this planet

Soon find out who it is as farmer is going to invite him back to talk while I am there. We know his first name is Dave

Quote Originally Posted by ELMER FUDD View Post
    thats a fairly extreme way of protecting your stalking.

Quote Originally Posted by ELMER FUDD View Post
    Had a phone call this morning from a farmer on one of my shoots who informed me that someone is after the stalking and is willing to pay more than I am paying whatever the price is, farmer tells him that the sporting rights have already been let and who to and he replied that he knows me.

Soon find out who it is as farmer is going to invite him back to talk while I am there. We know his first name is Dave
    So?

Well not my beef but its up to the landowner to chase him away and while you might be really pissed off I would be more pissed off at the landowner not telling him to try some were else.

Quote Originally Posted by pete evans View Post
    thats a fairly extreme way of protecting your stalking.
    He did it himself

Quote Originally Posted by 6pointer View Post
    Well not my beef but its up to the landowner to chase him away and while you might be really pissed off I would be more pissed off at the landowner not telling him to try some were else.
    He did apparently but he came back, the thing that pisses me off is that it is probably someone who I have taken out stalking so knows me.

Quote Originally Posted by 6pointer View Post
    Why does the land owner need to tell him to try somewhere else? Is there something I'm missing here? Surely sporting rights have a value and highest bidder succeeds. If Elmer Fudd isn't willing to beat the other guy's price that's fair enough, time for Elmer to move on. Why does anyone need to get pissed off about anything?

The Montana way would be to find out who the guy is and if he was a friend you took out to your spot as a kindness, beat the living day-lights out of him, telling him that when he heals, he'd be more than welcome to out bid you. That kind of repayment of trust really gets my blood boiling. The greater shame is that the farmer didn't order him off of his land and tell him to never come back. If you find out he's someone from this site, put his name out.~Muir

This happens all the time, its not sportsmanlike, but it isn't illegal - but it can destroy years of goodwill and trust in one fell swoop and leave many high and dry with nowhere to go. Just recently a "Scottish Deer Management Company" saw fit to wave wads of cash in front of practically the whole of Kintyre's farmers in return for staking rights on farmland bordering the larger commercial forests, to the detriment of local folk who have had the shooting through goodwill. Luckily for me my in-laws told them to s*d off! For many farmers though, money talks.

Thing is we have had people come here and offer stupid money like one guy offered 17,000 for a 3 year lease. We get people on a regular basis trying for shooting but the farmer normally gives them my number to talk with me but on this occasion as he said he knew me the farmer phoned me to tell me he had called, again. I now know his full name so just going through my client data base to see if I can locate him so I can thank him for being a t--t.

Probably see this season out and then next year take two on and have a little syndicate shoot