What have you been doing in the rain lately?

Damn do we need to catch some Moles. Our lawn now looks like the battle fields of the Somme! Ruined them totally as about every 18" is another Mole Hill and despite setting a trap have never yet caught one :(. Trying to plant a wood but the field is flooded and I mean ankle deep over a lot of it. The damned Moles don't drown though :rolleyes:.

Friday was the first day its been above freezing for the last three months. It rained a bit last night onto a meter of snow so now we have slush and ice to contend with for the next couple of weeks. Did manage to power wash the dog kennels out today though. Much needed;).
The hunting is over here so its back to dog training when the snow thaws a bit.
It will be down to -10 again next week so thats when the studded tyres come into there own. Roll on spring with the ticks and mossies.

www.prokennel.se

Nell
It must take hundreds of those moles to make a decent pair of trousers !, and how do you dye them !! he he
Trapper

Brithunter,leave your mole traps out to weather for while before setting and wear gloves when setting well rubbed with soil,you want no scent at all on the traps or you'll never catch one,appoligies in advance if you already knew this.

Neil

Brithunter,leave your mole traps out to weather for while before setting and wear gloves when setting well rubbed with soil,you want no scent at all on the traps or you'll never catch one,appoligies in advance if you already knew this.

Neil

I never wear gloves, and i used 24 traps straight out of the box last week and most of them caught,i was always told how sensitive moles noses are ,but after many years of trapping im not so sure.Some time back i read of an experiment where a trapper soaked 10 traps in petrol 10 in aftershave and 10 in something else, can't remember what but he recond that they all caught equally well,i only read this so it's not gospel, but i know i'm not as fussy as i used to be and still have a very good strike rate.:)

Trapper , if you stich 3 or 4 together they make great willie warmers:p:p

Checking me traps today look what i caught, its the first time ive caught 2 in a Talpex trap.001.jpg

Last edited:
I also had a first when checking my traps on friday my first black and white mole

002-14.jpg

003-11.jpg

ATB
RICK O SHEA

Back