Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thermal imager rental

Post Thermal imager rental

Is there anyone who rents a thermal imager? I'm interested in doing a bit of deer surveying/ counting at night but don't want to shell out 4 k to buy one.!

also , which model would you recommend ??
    thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by biffo View Post
    Is there anyone who rents a thermal imager? I'm interested in doing a bit of deer surveying/ counting at night but don't want to shell out 4 k to buy one.!

also , which model would you recommend ??
    thanks.
    Contact your regional rep of the DI , they have a lot of kit and will do a Thermal survey - for a fee.
    • Do not be seduced by the marketing-men....

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Hamburger View Post
    Contact your regional rep of the DI , they have a lot of kit and will do a Thermal survey - for a fee.
    Thanks, though Id much rather use their kit and do it myself, if only for security reasons.

Hello Biffo,

We offer a 7 day demo service, where you can "try" a thermal unit before you buy.

Essentially you pay for a device, we send you our demo unit for 7 days.

After 7 days you send it back and we either send a brand new unit, or refund minus an admin fee.

Its not a "hire" service, but if you are interesting in buying one then its an option.

Regards

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Country View Post
    Hello Biffo,

We offer a 7 day demo service, where you can "try" a thermal unit before you buy.

Essentially you pay for a device, we send you our demo unit for 7 days.

After 7 days you send it back and we either send a brand new unit, or refund minus an admin fee.

Its not a "hire" service, but if you are interesting in buying one then its an option.

Regards

Paul
    thanks Paul. Which unit would you recommend ??

Suggest you try a pulsar HD38S but be prepared to shell out some serious money because once you used one you will not want to give it back.

D

I personally love the new Guide IR510, it doesn't have the "legs" the HD38S does but is very small, compact and super easy to use.

The HD50S thermal is the new top of the range unit from Pulsar, and is worth the extra investment,

Here is a wee comparision video for your info, but side by side, viewing a roe buck at 400m, the HD50S is considerably better image quality.

Ignore the vertical line interference, we were testing a new MPR and it was causing some problems with the cabling we used, the HD50 and HD38 image is perfectly clear.

How does the HD50S compare to the guide 518EC?
    Have you done any side by side footage with the same quarry and conditions?

I was out today with the 510. It is ideal for my use and 50% of the deer seen today were first seen with the thermal. It will see reds out to about 1000 meters and roe out to perhaps 600, far better than its published figures. It has to be set right, white hot works best for me, it also takes a little to understand what it is telling you, but once you have it sussed it is excellent.

Side by side with the top end guide my pal has it has a noticeable difference in features, but in normal stalking observation distances it works more than adequately for my use.

Out with pro stalkers recently they were sceptical of its abilities initially. An hour later and i could not get it off them. These guys know their deer and where they will be. We found that they would spot a deer in the clear fell with the binnys, and then proclaim seeing 2 deer, and then a quick scan with the thermal would show more. It also sped up checking out wide rough areas. Instead of clearing every meter with the binnys, a quick scan with the thermal would confirm if there was anything there.

It is a great tool, we are very happy with it - no complaints so far and to date have not felt the need for any more resolution or distance.

Having looked at the spec sheet for these machines I notice pulsar do a hd75s is this likely to be launched any time soon.