Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: any sign of Reds rutting in the far North?

any sign of Reds rutting in the far North?

Am off next week to the northern tip of Scotland, past Tongue, for my first crack at a Red stag.

I have spent many days, weeks and months spying Roe from inside bushes but this will a very different experience I am sure.
    Having missed the Roe rut in Norfolk by a week or so in the summer I am loathe to miss another one (that would be careless ) so I was wondering if anyone had heard/seen any Red rutting activity yet?

Any info and, indeed, any advice warmly welcomed. Can't wait!

(and I am only really starting this thread as the guys at work are sick of me talking about it and I am excited...)

Don't know if the rut has started yet but I do hope it starts soon as I to will be out this weekend in my new permission after some stags, when I viewed the ground last week we seen a good looking beast cross the forest road so here's hoping it's getting going and there a few moving.

Good luck next week with your outings.

David

I'm off next week too, temp is due to drop Sunday; which should kick it off! The Sika are whistling now apparently.

It has started here not in full swing yet, but you should be OK in a weeks time.

There was nothing happening in our forest on Saturday night east of Inverness, but heard today a 22/23 stone one was taken out by Garve Inverness , worst year for mozzies through .

thanks Guys...and a good steer on mozzies...will travel prepared. Sounds like it's kicking off sporadically around the country... my heart beat is increasing steadily. Thanks for replies.

Roaring on the hill here in Glenshee .... started monday night..

Hi
    I spoke with a stalking friend near brora he tells me they are just getting warmed up it wont be long till they are full on if it gets cooler

Roaring like mad in the Glendarule area. one of my syndicate members just got back they started Saturday I'm off up for a week from this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by rg7mm View Post
    Roaring like mad in the Glendarule area. one of my syndicate members just got back they started Saturday I'm off up for a week from this weekend
    Good luck at the weekend

Glendine.