Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wanted !!! Ferrets

wanted !!! Ferrets

Looking for two ferrets preferably working butnot nippy as my lad will be handling them too. Highlands

Left it a bit late bud. The seasons kicked off.

Tell you what though, I have obtained ferrets from rescue centres before and they have turned out just fine as workers. Might be worth a shot.

Some of the folks who run rescue centers spend a lot of time handling their ferrets and are very committed to making sure the animals find a suitable home. A good rescue won't give away an animal knowing that it is not socialized and will likely just end up back with them.

I am working on a little project its a strange one but I do want them as family pets as working

Check out gumtree highland ferrets have been on there past month.

B.

Quote Originally Posted by CrawBogle View Post
    Some of the folks who run rescue centers spend a lot of time handling their ferrets and are very committed to making sure the animals find a suitable home. A good rescue won't give away an animal knowing that it is not socialized and will likely just end up back with them.
    Im afraid that most rescue centres dont deem a working home to be a good one! They couldnt be more wrong, but if you plan to work them best keep that to yourself until you get them home!

Quote Originally Posted by Fursty Ferret View Post
    Im afraid that most rescue centres dont deem a working home to be a good one! They couldnt be more wrong, but if you plan to work them best keep that to yourself until you get them home!
    Isn't it ironic, imagine using a ferret for what a ferret has been bred for, and what is the most natural thing in the world for a ferret to do. . . . Go down a bloody hole and chase rabbits.
    These rescue centres have some crazy ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Fursty Ferret View Post
    Didn't know that Fursty. It's a pity they take that view. The one ferret rescue I know of is run by a couple who actually work their own ferrets. I just assumed most would be OK with it as a working home seems to offer a healthier life than what the average pet owner has to offer.

The SSPCA centre in Gordon are more than happy to rehome to working homes.

The one in Currie however, is staffed by ****tards.

It would appear to me , that rural centres have more of a clue , and less of the urban bunny hugging attitude.

Lol I went to the rescue centre in curry for a ferret with my little girl,woman showed me a big polecat looking thing , daughter said I like him dad I said ok I'd take it.woman then put on a great big pair of welders gloves to pick it up.i said what you doing she said it nips a bit , honestly this thing was attached to the gloves like a terrier on a rat,so after some laughing from me and my daughter saying she had changed her mind and didn't want that thing with the fangs, we left an got some elsewhere...Tulloch your quite a bit a way from me but if you want I'll lend you a hob albino ferret for this season .