Thread: New York

New York

Can anyone recommend some decent outdoor stores to visit in New York City? Hoping to do a bit of retail therapy while I'm over there.

Cheers

Novice

New York City? or New York State?

Upstate has quite a bit of outdoors activity and stores. The Big City is arguably one of the most anti-gun, anti-country sports places on the planet.

Camera land New York. Best deals in scopes and bino's I have found anywhere.
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

Quote Originally Posted by Cootmeurer View Post
    New York City? or New York State?

Upstate has quite a bit of outdoors activity and stores. The Big City is arguably one of the most anti-gun, anti-country sports places on the planet.
    Couldnt agree more. I spent a lot of time in the city and apart from optics there is nothing to be had. Even finding a decent knife is impossible. Get out and see the real America, not those bits around the edge!

H

find a Walmart I think their great for hunting supplies or try Davis Sport Shop - the Sloatsburg New York source for firearms and hunting it's not far outta Manhattan, but like the lads above said it's pretty barren in the big apple not even a cabelas or bro bass has made its mark there, you should try Chicago next time now Illinois is great for hunting mega stores! they make a tesco superstore look like a spar

In Manhattan: Cameraland, Beretta, Holland and Holland, Orvis, Urban Angler, Capitol Fishing Tackle Company. Griffin and Howe might be worth a trip out to NJ, but have never been myself.

Try here, its worth it just to see the shop. Good deals on all optics, I've even imported from here.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/

If you go to Penn Station you can get a bus to Woodbury Common which is an outlet store and Columbia and Under Armour have stores there that do some really good clothing. I've stalked in the Columbia real tree stuff in very low temperatures with just a base layer underneath and was toasty as. Its really tough and light weight too.