Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Advanced Deer Management course - pass rate ?

Advanced Deer Management course - pass rate ?

Out of interest, does anybody know what the pass rate is for the BDS / Jelen Advanced Deer Management courses?
    • Do not be seduced by the marketing-men....

Hi
    Sorry I don't know the pass rates but did the BDS deer management course earlier this year and would advise to ask if the folder could be sent out prior to attending the course as found it a lot to take in in the three days.
    Regards
    Jimmy
    Next time you're walking down the street and see a homeless person go buy them a sandwich and a coffee, change of fate and it could be you one day !!!

BUY BRITISH !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy milnes View Post
    Hi
    Sorry I don't know the pass rates but did the BDS deer management course earlier this year and would advise to ask if the folder could be sent out prior to attending the course as found it a lot to take in in the three days.
    Regards
    Jimmy
    Does that folder include the exam questions ?

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Hamburger View Post
    Does that folder include the exam questions ?
    Probably not - but I'm guessing the answers will be in there somewhere?

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    I don't know what the pass rate is either but I can tell you that, though very enjoyable, I found it to be one of the more difficult courses. Rather than multiple choice or practical tests, the Deer Management course requires you to work out a cull plan, write up an outline management plan, evaluate the ground based on a map, etc.

I would echo Jimmy's comment about getting sight of the folder early, as there's a lot to be crammed in - and I did the old 5 day course!
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

From what I was told on the course the only difference between the old 5 day and the new 3 day courses is that on the 3 day you have no park visit and no shoot test.
    I suppose when other suppliers start offering a similar course in less time something has to give to enable you to stay in the game as it were, unfortunate I think as the extra days would of given more weight to the qualification but what do you do, when I did my DMQ level 1 it was four days now people are getting the same papers in two, right or wrong that's the way society is going in every aspect due to the 'I want it yesterday' tribe.
    Regards
    Jimmy
    Next time you're walking down the street and see a homeless person go buy them a sandwich and a coffee, change of fate and it could be you one day !!!

BUY BRITISH !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy milnes View Post
    From what I was told on the course the only difference between the old 5 day and the new 3 day courses is that on the 3 day you have no park visit and no shoot test.
    I suppose when other suppliers start offering a similar course in less time something has to give to enable you to stay in the game as it were, unfortunate I think as the extra days would of given more weight to the qualification but what do you do, when I did my DMQ level 1 it was four days now people are getting the same papers in two, right or wrong that's the way society is going in every aspect due to the 'I want it yesterday' tribe.
    Regards
    Jimmy
    I am also from the 'I want it yesterday' tribe - and I am referring to the exam questions and tasks. And I want it yesterday because my course starts tomorrow! Too late, what a shame, I will now have to use my limited time-management skills, intellect and memory to my best ability.

Good luck for tomorrow then

BUY BRITISH !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Hamburger View Post
    Out of interest, does anybody know what the pass rate is for the BDS / Jelen Advanced Deer Management courses?
    To answer my own question: The pass rate is, allegedly, around 95%, or out of every course-group of around 15/16 people maybe just one will fail.

Having now done the course, I must say how refreshing it was to spent three days with a bunch of very experienced and knowledgeable tutors and students of whom not one bored the group with bragging about his superior brand of rifle, or the high cost and magical light-gathering qualities of his premium branded scope. Nor did anybody show any signs at all of caliber-warshipping.

BDS or Jelen?

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.