Thread: Where can I get a dovetail to weaver rail?

Where can I get a dovetail to weaver rail?

I have a CZ 452 HMR and looking to replace the 2 piece dovetail to weaver rail adaptor like this:

Opticswarehouse Rifle Scope & Rail Adaptors.

To a one piece rail like this

Opticswarehouse .

I have looked around and just cant justify spending over 50 for this does anyone have one at a reasonable price or know where I could get one at a good price?

Quote Originally Posted by Dilligaf View Post
    I have a CZ 452 HMR and looking to replace the 2 piece dovetail to weaver rail adaptor like this:

Opticswarehouse Rifle Scope & Rail Adaptors.

To a one piece rail like this

Opticswarehouse .

I have looked around and just cant justify spending over 50 for this does anyone have one at a reasonable price or know where I could get one at a good price?
    I have made the same conversion on both my CZ455 . In the first instance, the .22 came with it fitted by the CZ people in Chesterfield. In the second, after asking them for a ball park figure (70-80)!!! I sourced mine from DIP roducts in the States via a mate of mine who lives there,-(they won't ship internationally). Its still about $40 and then the postage here and the bloody Royal Mail charges and the bloody customs add some on, so by the time you're done, you might as well bite the bullet and spend your 50 here.
    When I did this some months ago, the slide-on single piece rail you've found was unobtainable here, or at least I searched high & low and could'nt find it. I'm glad someone's spotted the niche in the market and is making them.
    Lastly, maybe I was expecting too much, but I thought the DIP rail fit on the CZ dovetail would be almost an interference fit, but there was a bit of play. You obviously take this up with the set screws, but still, I expected machining to a finer tolerance.
    The conversions allow you to place any scope pretty much anywhere you want.
    Come to think of it, I have a BKL 4" 9-11mm dovetail to picatinny rail surplus to requirements for 25 posted (ref: bkl-558) adds a bit of height though!
    Last edited by blaven; 01-10-2014 at 14:26.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman (1903) "Maxims for Revolutionists"

The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom. William Blake

Search for 'Deben HM17025' on a well know auction site.

just under 18

Job Done!

Ant Supplies?

DIP stuff can be bought through kinneysshootingsupplies.com ('cept my Mac won't let me into their webpages )

Fizz

Thanks Guys I will have a look at all those suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbangwhallop View Post

('cept my Mac won't let me into their webpages )

Fizz
    Strange I have no issue getting on their site on a Mac

Neil.

If you do consider going down the Kinneys route remember you will pay a Royal Mail charge and a customs levy on top of their international shipping charge.
    These rails made by DIP come in standard or extended forms. Both mine are extended which gives you more scope(pardon pun) to mount a largeish scope. PM me if you want pictures.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman (1903) "Maxims for Revolutionists"

The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom. William Blake

Quote Originally Posted by blaven View Post
    If you do consider going down the Kinneys route remember you will pay a Royal Mail charge and a customs levy on top of their international shipping charge.
    These rails made by DIP come in standard or extended forms. Both mine are extended which gives you more scope(pardon pun) to mount a largeish scope. PM me if you want pictures.
    Thanks for the offer, I am still looking and sure I will have to spend the money but as with anyone money is tight at the moment, I keep asking for my money back on the faulty lotto tickets I buy, but for some reason they wont give me my money back, never mind one day I may win the jackpot and wont have a problem walking into a shop and spending the money then.