Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Angiogram Results - Sigh of relief.

Angiogram Results - Sigh of relief.

Following my thread "Bricking it" I have not long got back from having the angiogram done and everything regarding future treatment has been explained to me. Thankfully The doctors believe that things can be sorted out without the need for a by-pass.
    The angiogram showed the following things :-
    Mild distal disease in LMS (Left main stem)
    Tight stenosis in proximinal LAD (Left arterial descending artery)
    Mild disease elsewhere.

The way that the doctor who did the angiogram explained it to me is that he is going to do one large stent and then insert a camera as there are two "problems/restrictions" in the Left Main Sten. If he can deal with both of these with the one large stent then all will be well and just a second smaller stent will be put in the left descending artery, and that should put me "back on track" and to "get back with living a normal life".

Once again all of the staff at He Royal Blackburn Hospital were fabulous and couldn't doo enough to make sure that all of the pationts on the ward were cared for and didn't want for anything. I really do raise my hat to them all and can't praise them enough!

This really is a load off my mind now knowing that I should get by without a by-pass and that I should (Hopefully) get back to being able to get out and follow my passion for shooting again by Christmas time.

Thanks to everyone who showed concern and offered their thoughts, words of encouragement and good wishes!

That is good news.
    Hope you can get out and shoot soon.
    Atb

fraser
    "Don't say I didnae warn ye !"

Well done! Told you you'd be fine!
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman (1903) "Maxims for Revolutionists"

The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom. William Blake

great news m8,youl be tapdancing again in no time.atb

Thats great news

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchieBoy View Post
    Following my thread "Bricking it" I have not long got back from having the angiogram done and everything regarding future treatment has been explained to me. Thankfully The doctors believe that things can be sorted out without the need for a by-pass.
    The angiogram showed the following things :-
    Mild distal disease in LMS (Left main stem)
    Tight stenosis in proximinal LAD (Left arterial descending artery)
    Mild disease elsewhere.

The way that the doctor who did the angiogram explained it to me is that he is going to do one large stent and then insert a camera as there are two "problems/restrictions" in the Left Main Sten. If he can deal with both of these with the one large stent then all will be well and just a second smaller stent will be put in the left descending artery, and that should put me "back on track" and to "get back with living a normal life".

Once again all of the staff at He Royal Blackburn Hospital were fabulous and couldn't doo enough to make sure that all of the pationts on the ward were cared for and didn't want for anything. I really do raise my hat to them all and can't praise them enough!

This really is a load off my mind now knowing that I should get by without a by-pass and that I should (Hopefully) get back to being able to get out and follow my passion for shooting again by Christmas time.

Thanks to everyone who showed concern and offered their thoughts, words of encouragement and good wishes!
    Good news FB, Have you managed to quit smoking? as that is a start to you new lease of life.

Tim.243

Quote Originally Posted by Tim.243 View Post
    Good news FB, Have you managed to quit smoking? as that is a start to you new lease of life.

Tim.243
    Yeah he's going to be chasing fast women !

“If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragunov View Post
    Yeah he's going to be chasing fast women !

Chasing fast women? You've got to be joking. have you seen how fast Marlene can move nowadays?

I'm off to my doctor on Friday to talk about and plan a healthier sort of lifestyle!

Good news. Regardless of what the doctors do, you know what YOU must do mate. We have talked about it before. Smoking out of the question, and better diet, combined with more exercise.

Onwards and upwards...