Angiogram Results - Sigh of relief.

FrenchieBoy

Following my thread "Bricking it" I have not long got back from having the angiogram done and everything regarding future treatment has been explained to me. Thankfully The doctors believe that things can be sorted out without the need for a by-pass.
The angiogram showed the following things :-
Mild distal disease in LMS (Left main stem)
Tight stenosis in proximinal LAD (Left arterial descending artery)
Mild disease elsewhere.

The way that the doctor who did the angiogram explained it to me is that he is going to do one large stent and then insert a camera as there are two "problems/restrictions" in the Left Main Sten. If he can deal with both of these with the one large stent then all will be well and just a second smaller stent will be put in the left descending artery, and that should put me "back on track" and to "get back with living a normal life".

Once again all of the staff at He Royal Blackburn Hospital were fabulous and couldn't doo enough to make sure that all of the pationts on the ward were cared for and didn't want for anything. I really do raise my hat to them all and can't praise them enough!

This really is a load off my mind now knowing that I should get by without a by-pass and that I should (Hopefully) get back to being able to get out and follow my passion for shooting again by Christmas time.

Thanks to everyone who showed concern and offered their thoughts, words of encouragement and good wishes!

Following my thread "Bricking it" I have not long got back from having the angiogram done and everything regarding future treatment has been explained to me. Thankfully The doctors believe that things can be sorted out without the need for a by-pass.
The angiogram showed the following things :-
Mild distal disease in LMS (Left main stem)
Tight stenosis in proximinal LAD (Left arterial descending artery)
Mild disease elsewhere.

The way that the doctor who did the angiogram explained it to me is that he is going to do one large stent and then insert a camera as there are two "problems/restrictions" in the Left Main Sten. If he can deal with both of these with the one large stent then all will be well and just a second smaller stent will be put in the left descending artery, and that should put me "back on track" and to "get back with living a normal life".

Once again all of the staff at He Royal Blackburn Hospital were fabulous and couldn't doo enough to make sure that all of the pationts on the ward were cared for and didn't want for anything. I really do raise my hat to them all and can't praise them enough!

This really is a load off my mind now knowing that I should get by without a by-pass and that I should (Hopefully) get back to being able to get out and follow my passion for shooting again by Christmas time.

Thanks to everyone who showed concern and offered their thoughts, words of encouragement and good wishes!

Good news FB, Have you managed to quit smoking? as that is a start to you new lease of life.

Tim.243

Good news. Regardless of what the doctors do, you know what YOU must do mate. We have talked about it before. Smoking out of the question, and better diet, combined with more exercise.

Onwards and upwards...

I had a stent a couple of years ago, consider it to be an engine recon !!. You do have to take it very steady for a fair while afterwards, no hauling beasts out for some months. Also change your diet and keep it changed. Most drift back to old habits, me included.

A

Quit smoking immediately. Every cigarette you smoke lessens the blood flow to already damaged cardiac tissues.
Don't wait to see a MD about planning a healthy lifestyle. Do it NOW, Amigo. ~Muir

I would say muir has a good point to a certain ex stent ;) ive up that smoke frenchie, I stopped 18 months ago, Its not easy but gets easier, it is stoptober, regards swaro

Back