Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 17hmr scope

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)

17hmr scope

hi lads

I have been given a fair few acres of land to clear of bunnies and the calibre i have been asked to use is a wee 17 hmr (this is due to land and bulidings as well as houses nearby etc) so i pinched a bit of my .243 budget and got a cracker off this forum,

i sold mine a long time back when i was out of work and i can't for the life of me think what glass to place on it now, i had a old nikko 4/12x50 that was as clear as day but i am trying to hold onto my budget for the 243 as well as get a nice wee scope for the hummer.

So

what are you guys using on your 17 hmrs.

it will be used both under the lamp and in daylight

thanks

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Evening Bob
    i used this on mine and on a few other rifles An Olivon ranger x56 mil dot ir Attachment 47453,
    try'd one of them scopes made for the hmr !! for me they were a fence post , just get a big x 56 with what ever ret you like , a dot or ir is nice day or night, don't need to bust the bank to get a good scope for the hmr boss just a clear and big obj will do the job very well. i was selling this one but i have put it on the .22 and retiring the old white tail .

The mtc mamba can be picked up for a reasonable price and are well suited to the hmr 17 or a falcon Merlin or menace had both . Also good with add-on nv if you ever go down that route in the future like shelling peas if not been shot before

I use a Trijicon 3-9x42 cause I like the "always on" illumination. But that's not going to do anything good to your .243 budget....

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    cheers lads

ill keep shopping and see whats what when i get back from Germany

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

The HMR does not need an expensive scope but I have Nikko Sterling laserking 4.5-14 x 50 for mine, but I use a Pulsar N550 mostly.

Quote Originally Posted by hairlesshunter View Post
    The mtc mamba can be picked up for a reasonable price and are well suited to the hmr 17
    +1

That's what I use on mine

It does 'white out' a bit at the highest mag settings when compared to high end glass, but like most variables mine spends most of its life between 6-8, occasionally 12!

Hi mate ,
    hope your all well
    have you thought about a simmons whitetail classic ? Really good scopes for the money
    There are no perfect men in this world ..... Only perfect intentions

this what i have taken off, i found under the lamp i lost def but its a scope ill never sell as the old ones are very good.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo1984 View Post
    Hi mate ,
    hope your all well
    have you thought about a simmons whitetail classic ? Really good scopes for the money

I use 3-12x52 tasco titan on mine does the job.