Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Countyman fairs seeking feedback

Countyman fairs seeking feedback

I wonder if somebody from Countrymans fair has been reading the threads on here about the Midland because yesterday I had a feed back questionairre from them. First time ever and I have previously purchased tickets on line.

Best part was the survey monkey link would not open so I had to copy and paste to open it.

Anyway completed it, not a very well thought out survey,

In essence its lost its way and needs to revert to its core. Fishing area is very poor, air gun expo appears to be going downhill and very major companies no longer have stands. If you wanted to look at high range optics then virtually nothing this year. If you want cheap tack and rubbish then plenty to be found.

No Brock and Norris, Riflecraft (Vortex optics) John Knibbs, Ladds, the list is endless Appears stands too expensive, extremly poor mobile coverage and traders having difficult processing card payements. From what I heard lots of long term traders are going to chuck in the towel and go to the shooting show and better still Newark.

D

I won't go to the small fairs any more used to realy enjoy them and the clay shooting a fine day out but as you say they are more garden tat and fluffy shat than they were in times past over priced entrée fee's with less for the sportsman only have to look at the Norfolk one it was a piss take last year !!! bit like the game fairs now i come to think of it

The Midland fair at Weston has had its day we stopped exhibiting there because of the problem the thieving and too many travellers as we have to call them not really against them but they want to either steal your stock or give you nothing for it a lot of the big guy's are saying the same and not bothering with the Midland, shame really it used to be a great fair I used to look forward to going.

Its going dowwwwwn hill fast, used to enjoy a day out with the family there
    but now it seems like another sunday market full of none hunting people and travellers on the steal.

It's already way past the bottom of the hill, it's gone over into the ditch other side of the headland.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Same goes with Lowther Fair. It has lost its roots, the stands are too expensive so the traders have no margin to discount. This means that there can be no good deals to be found so the punters don't spend anything. Truly a vicious circle. The clay shooting used to be a great draw for loads of folks (when stag1933 was organising it I might add) and you would see all and sundry turning up with great grandpappys side by side to have a crack. Sadly now the shooting is too expensive and far too serious. I couldn't give a toss about shooting in a world championship event but used to love the have a go atmosphere where everyone just has fun. The last time I shot at lowther I felt ripped off and like I wasn't in the club "oh...so you don't have a CPSA classification...." The targets I did shoot were so hard that I struggled to connect at all. Demoralising to say the least!
    Hey presto, countryman fairs seem to have developed a recipe for progressively dwindling fairs! Shouldn't take a survey to realise that!

you can get better deals of the internet inc free pp , why spend another £90 on fuel the £30 to walk road a garden centre with camo man and the no use for nowt dogs crapping and there tattoo clad, burger and beer stained vest owners not picking it up, i guess i am over the midland but i still enjoy meeting up with some old trade's at the cla g'f and old buds from way back. So i'll keep going to that Game Fair and its nice to get away for a few days.lol

This year was the last Ill be going to the MGF it's just a tat sale now and told them same thing on the questionnaire they sent

Hadn't been for a couple of years after feeling well ripped off with the entry fee at £17 back then. Thought I'd give it another go this year only to find fee is now £20. Standard of exhibitors was far poorer. As said top end optics almost invisible. Even some of the guys like swillington had a empty stand with some run of the mill clothing round the edge, a huge empty space in the middle and 3 pairs of bins on the front counter.
    Only dedicated optics stand I saw was hawke. Fine if you wanted to buy clothing and I did find some decent trousers at a reasonable price but really very poor show imo.
    Organisers have got to break the cycle of charging the exhibitors so much money. Make it worth them turning up with decent goods at decent price.

Quote Originally Posted by srvet View Post
    Same goes with Lowther Fair. It has lost its roots, the stands are too expensive so the traders have no margin to discount. This means that there can be no good deals to be found so the punters don't spend anything. Truly a vicious circle. The clay shooting used to be a great draw for loads of folks (when stag1933 was organising it I might add) and you would see all and sundry turning up with great grandpappys side by side to have a crack. Sadly now the shooting is too expensive and far too serious. I couldn't give a toss about shooting in a world championship event but used to love the have a go atmosphere where everyone just has fun. The last time I shot at lowther I felt ripped off and like I wasn't in the club "oh...so you don't have a CPSA classification...." The targets I did shoot were so hard that I struggled to connect at all. Demoralising to say the least!
    Hey presto, countryman fairs seem to have developed a recipe for progressively dwindling fairs! Shouldn't take a survey to realise that!

I went to to lowther a couple of years ago with the main purpose being shooting the clay round. I was mighty annoyed when I saw how much it cost. I swore a lot and left. It was about 3 times the price of a round at the club at greystoke so I went there instead. I won't ever go back now.

The internet has killed gamefairs nowadays, you can't buy anything cheaper than from the Internet. The only advantage of a gamefair is that you can look at stuff before you buy it. Even then, you would have a look at what you want and then find the best deal online. No business can cope with that.
    The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog.